Bananas ......... anyone else find there are so many that look fine but are bad inside ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I can eat upto 8 bananas a day if I am not careful. Not had bad ones inside though, but often find them with their skins split lengthways- what's that all about?
A day! I'd eat that in an evening.

As for skins split lengthways, temperature changes. Cooled down then warmed up, causing them to split.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I holidayed in the Dominican Republic once (2008?), and the bulk of the Boeing 757's hold space was taken up with large containers full of bananas on the return journey..
How exactly were the outbound holidaymakers disposed of ???

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
How exactly were the outbound holidaymakers disposed of ???

They probably all died in the doss-hole that the Dominican Republic is.

In 1993 we paid about £3000 for the two of us for a fortnight's holiday there - quite a chunk of money then.

Worst holiday we ever had. The hotel which was supposed to be top-notch was abysmal - Lovely Wife genuinely wanted to come home the day after we arrived. She thought it was like "Butlins in the Caribbean".

The beaches were a let down and if we went out snorkelling we were pestered (well I was) by pimps in boats with a couple of whores on board.

Food was crap. Towns were crap and you weren't supposed to walk anywhere but instead use taxis as the streets were unsafe at night time.

The sun was nice and sunny though and that was about it really.

Don't recollect seeing any bananas during the miserable two weeks we were there.

classic33

Leg End Member
They probably all died in the doss-hole that the Dominican Republic is.

In 1993 we paid about £3000 for the two of us for a fortnight's holiday there - quite a chunk of money then.

Worst holiday we ever had. The hotel which was supposed to be top-notch was abysmal - Lovely Wife genuinely wanted to come home the day after we arrived. She thought it was like "Butlins in the Caribbean".

The beaches were a let down and if we went out snorkelling we were pestered (well I was) by pimps in boats with a couple of whores on board.

Food was crap. Towns were crap and you weren't supposed to walk anywhere but instead use taxis as the streets were unsafe at night time.

The sun was nice and sunny though and that was about it really.

Don't recollect seeing any bananas during the miserable two weeks we were there.
You wouldn't have done, they'd have been doing a "John Denver", as mentioned earlier.

Probably quicker than the boat.

wait4me

Veteran
Sorry that I am answering the original question.
Yes have found this a lot lately, from tesco, aldi,the village co-op. Not sign of damage on skin but 3/4 may be excellent then suddenly black mush. Sorry didnt digress onto slave trade, tropical holday nor next door neighbours dead cat.

Top Bottom