Bar ends?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Good find! The grips on my mountain bike are worn out and the bar ends are way too big. I was going to buy new grips and saw the bar ends in half but I think I will give those bar end grips a try instead.

D

Deleted member 26715

Good find! The grips on my mountain bike are worn out and the bar ends are way too big. I was going to buy new grips and saw the bar ends in half but I think I will give those bar end grips a try instead.
I've bought a pair to try, from a UK seller that is going to rake a week to send them lol, I suspect they will arrive with Chinese writing all over the labels.

Ergon bar ends will change your life if you have endured straight bars up to now. Stay with the integrated Ergon shape and concept but look for cheaper alternatives. I've had Ergon, BBB and one house brand and there was no difference in quality. The Ergons were always more than double the price.

Stay away from sticky rubberised bar ends like Cane Creek. Those are highly favoured by MTB marathon riders who apparently feel that the super stickiness helps you reduce hand clamping pressure but they are impossible to live with, especially if your bike lives in a small space with you. Each time you walk past the bike and so much as touch the grips, they grip your clothes and the bike is toppled. It is a weird but serious side effect.

Nibor

Bewildered
What handlebars are those? I fancy something with more sweep like yours.
try looking for on one OG bars

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
I have these, they're great.

for a little more feedback, did you find they made the bike much wider? also comfort level how much difference did it make in long rides?

I am almost certainly going to get something like this, I can't decide if the GP5 for a little more is better economy.

for a little more feedback, did you find they made the bike much wider? also comfort level how much difference did it make in long rides?

I am almost certainly going to get something like this, I can't decide if the GP5 for a little more is better economy.
Not a huge amount wider. If you wanted, as suggested above, you could shorten your bars before fitting them.
Made a big difference on long rides. Got them before touring SE Asia, and would have struggled without them. Doing 70 odd miles a day, having the option to move your hands around is a very very large plus :smile:

Top Bottom