England : Lincolnshire Bardney Loop Sunday 11th March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@Supersuperleeds, I'm trying not to annoy people with too much square grabbing.....might tweak it in a bit. Contemplating a square grabbing route back to Lincoln.
I have to say I don’t find this whole veloviewer square thing appealing as yet, the prospect of riding through fields or up someone’s private drive to get a tile/square isn’t really my thing. Each to their own I suppose....

Last edited:

wajc

Veteran
Hi all.

Bardney is just a short ride from my home so I shall head out to meet you all on route to the Cafe. I'll be joining your route just east of the A15 at the junction of Bloxholm Lane and Dunston Heath Lane and then heading towards Coleby. If I'm feeling lazy/running late I'll wait for you at the top of Coleby Hill (I think ETA for you here is 11 to 11-30), otherwise it is likely to be somewhere between Coleby and the A17 (or even further south if you're behind schedule).

I'll most likely be riding a Black/Red Specialized road bike with Tri bars/Mudguards/Large seat post bag.

I probably should add that the loop is by using Strava's heatmap and avoiding roads I've done a lot. Happy to take suggestions!

https://www.strava.com/routes/11482191

Could I suggest avoiding the 5km stretch on the A158 into Wragby as in this route

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26965160

It's a better route for a group to ride as it's much quieter and only adds just over a km - but I'm happy to ride whatever is decided. I can understand the urge to cover certain squares though ^_^

I have to say I don’t find this whole veloviewer square thing appealing as yet, the prospect of riding through fields or up someone’s private drive to get a tile/square isn’t really my thing. Each to their own I suppose....

From what I can see there are only a couple of places close to Bardney, one is a bridleway and the other a farm track that a few will be deviating from roads to nab squares. They are only very short deviations and I'll be waiting at the roadside for them to return as I've already ticked those squares off.

See you all next Sunday

Paul

Hi all.

Bardney is just a short ride from my home so I shall head out to meet you all on route to the Cafe. I'll be joining your route just east of the A15 at the junction of Bloxholm Lane and Dunston Heath Lane and then heading towards Coleby. If I'm feeling lazy/running late I'll wait for you at the top of Coleby Hill (I think ETA for you here is 11 to 11-30), otherwise it is likely to be somewhere between Coleby and the A17 (or even further south if you're behind schedule).

I'll most likely be riding a Black/Red Specialized road bike with Tri bars/Mudguards/Large seat post bag.

https://www.strava.com/routes/11482191

Could I suggest avoiding the 5km stretch on the A158 into Wragby as in this route

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26965160

It's a better route for a group to ride as it's much quieter and only adds just over a km - but I'm happy to ride whatever is decided. I can understand the urge to cover certain squares though ^_^

From what I can see there are only a couple of places close to Bardney, one is a bridleway and the other a farm track that a few will be deviating from roads to nab squares. They are only very short deviations and I'll be waiting at the roadside for them to return as I've already ticked those squares off.

See you all next Sunday

Paul
Shall look forward to seeing you there!

T-minus 24 hours guys.....I have to say I’m really looking forward to another good ride with great people and to what will hopefully be my first ton milestone! @Lilliburlero and I have arranged to meet coalville way on and will then ride on to Cossington.
Happy for you to meet me in Lufbra en route to Cossington! ^_^

Specifically we meet by the bench near Bennett's Lane in Cossington at about 7.45. 15mph to Bardney with a Co-op stop maybe in Bottesford. Should be in Bardney around 12-12:30 all being well.

Is this still the meeting point @tallliman @13 rider @Supersuperleeds??

13 rider

Guru
T-minus 24 hours guys.....I have to say I’m really looking forward to another good ride with great people and to what will hopefully be my first ton milestone! @Lilliburlero and I have arranged to meet coalville way on and will then ride on to Cossington.

Is this still the meeting point @tallliman @13 rider @Supersuperleeds??
Yes the bench near the junction of Bennett's lane and main Street look for the old red phone box. See you there .

01C68CF0-FC73-421F-900C-A1C1D569F071.png
Yes the bench near the junction of Bennett's lane and main Street look for the old red phone box. See you there .

Ah yes, gotcha. See you there!!

wajc

Veteran
Looks like a very pleasant place to meet up - but I'm hoping not to make it that far south tomorrow otherwise something has gone badly wrong with my plan ^_^

Instead, if I've got it right I'll be looking out for a small peloton consisting of @Supersuperleeds @tallliman @13 rider @Chris Doyle @Lilliburlero heading in the opposite direction to me towards Coleby

Then on to Bardney to meet @Saluki at the Café there.

See you all tomorrow.

Paul

Top Bottom