'Be seen' rechargeable front light with decent runtime

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Both ways... it was vertical in the mounted phone so that it lined up with my seat post.... I'll go and mount it on the front of my bike now for you....

They'll go either way. I have one vertically on the front of mine and horizontal on the back. If you miss them in Aldi, they are pretty much the same as the Planet x ones I linked to earlier.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
image.jpg
image.jpg

Does that help?i have bothered fiddling around to get it sitting properly but hopefully that gives you an idea of squeezing it in. I usually leave mine in the bracket and remove the whole thing rather than leaving the bracket on the bike as it is easy to do.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
It won't work like that but thanks
But will it work if mounted the way I put the red one on the handlebars?

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
The square bit on the back of the Aldi light shown can be inserted into the bracket on any side... i.e. 2 positions upright, 2 positions side to side. Each side of the lump on the back is the same length.

It will thus sit horizontal or vertical depending on how you insert it into the square holder.

The holder itself is hinged with a screw to tighten it, so you can adjust the angle.

HTH.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks. There's not an Aldi especially close, probably won't be able to get there tomorrow. Might see if there's any left at weekend

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Both ways... it was vertical in the mounted phone so that it lined up with my seat post.... I'll go and mount it on the front of my bike now for you....
One I've seen cracked across where the square mounting post meets the light body within a few months. I suspect that was due to vibrations from the road (23mm tyres FWIW) and more likely with the light mounted vertically. The corners on the square post don't seem very rounded so look like likely stress points.

Top Bottom