'Be seen' rechargeable front light with decent runtime

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldstrath

Über Member
Small, neat, perfectly adequate for what you describe, about £50 from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Busch-Müll...qid=1506148392&sr=8-1&keywords=ixon+core&th=1

Doesn't flash, but that's really a good thing in the dark

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
2.5 inches long by 2 inches wide (it's pretty small)
will take a pic on the bars for comparison
I literally have about a cm for the bracket. Width restricted too. Garmin on stem

Attachments

• IMG_1173.JPG
    IMG_1173.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 74
Is that enough as a sole light to use in traffic? They look like a secondary light option
I've never read the blurb but it wouldn't be a too see light. I think I've clipped it on twice after TT's and twice on the road bike, it seems fine to me but I'm not cycling in London.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
If it's "be seen", this front light from Aldi (on sale Thursday, £13) should be pretty good
https://www.aldi.co.uk/high-performance-bike-light-front/p/080231180823900
Similar to last year's (which was a Moon Nebula rip off), 240 lumens, USB chargeable
There's also a matching rear.
How do these lights fit? Horizontally or vertically? If the former, I can't see how it'll work with cross levers in the minimal space available

The exposure looks a good option, for under £40

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
How do these lights fit? Horizontally or vertically? If the former, I can't see how it'll work with cross levers in the minimal space available

The exposure looks a good option, for under £40
If they are the same as last years then either way - the bracket mount is square and rubber. I'm buying another after discovering that if your orange justice leaks in your waterproof pannier and sits there a day eventually some seeps into the light ...it sort of worked till Mr Summerdays took it apart!

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
If they are the same as last years then either way - the bracket mount is square and rubber. I'm buying another after discovering that if your orange justice leaks in your waterproof pannier and sits there a day eventually some seeps into the light ...it sort of worked till Mr Summerdays took it apart!
Do you have a photo? And would it fit given my above photo. I really have v little space!

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Presumably it sits horizontally (I'm really crap at figuring that sort of thing out from a photo :blush: )? No go then. Thanks :smile:

Top Bottom