Beans and Cheese Question

What order do you put beans and cheese on your jacket potato?

• Beans First

• Cheese First

• Either

• Stop trying to divide us as a nation! Are you some kind of Russian Bot intent on spreading discord?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I promised my wife I wouldn't ask this question here. But I'm ignoring her.

Principally when you have a nice jacket potato (or baked potato if you prefer that term) and you want a simple beans and cheese topping, which order do you put them in?

My wife insists on cheese first so that the heat of the potato melts it into the potato flesh. My son refuses to have it that way, and insists that beans must go on first.

The same quandry might also apply to beans and cheese on toast, but with a lower thermal capacity, the advantages of a hot toast with cold cheese on the top are quickly lost.

So, what does an unscientific subset of the UK population comprised entirely of those that enjoy cycling think?

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
xx( Where is the "neither" option. Love beans and love cheese, but not together please!

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I've never really thought about it, but years ago when I used to eat cheese, I'd have put the beans on first. The creaminess of the cheese has got "topping" all over it. If beans are on top, you'd have nothing but beans for 90% of the meal, and then a barrage of cheese. I wouldn't complain either way, but given the choice I'd top it with cheese

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I'm really not a fan of baked beans, in fact the sugary, gloopy, 1980s child-teatime staple has no place on an adult meal, the one exception being a cooked breakfast. I like jacket potato, don't get me wrong, but just a bit of butter and seasoning will do me. Maybe a bit of cheese if there's some going.

Objectively, and to help you with your quandary (which admittedly, none of the above does), cheese on top of beans at least looks that bit more right. That's the classic photo you see in cafes isn't it.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I have to challenge this.
Cheese sandwich??
Custard creams biscuits??
Yes but...but... a sandwich envelopes the filling by definition. Similar with sandwich-style biscuits. That said, if I was offered a cheese and beans sandwich, I'd still have the cheese on top of the beans (but not on top of the bread). See also tortilla chips - I've never seen a pile of crisps on top of melted cheese!

Top Bottom