Beans and Cheese Question

What order do you put beans and cheese on your jacket potato?

• Beans First

• Cheese First

• Either

• Stop trying to divide us as a nation! Are you some kind of Russian Bot intent on spreading discord?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Potato, Beans, Cheese. In that order.

The cheese has to melt into the beans, or what's the point. Any other perspective is savagery.

I melt some butter over the two potato halves and mash it in with a fork, then the (preferably) grated cheese, and finally the warmly-cooked beans to top it off. And season.

1. Put the cheese in the bin. It has no place in any dishxx(
2. Eat beans and potatoes.
FINALLY

the correct answer

I once went on holiday for nearly 3 weeks in the middle of summer
Last thing to get cleared from the fridge was milk so I could have tea
Left it half full on the worktop - 3 weeks in a kitchen with a patio door south facing

WHen I came hose it stank - exactly the same smell as cheese

Cheese is the work of the Devil and should be banned from all civilised nations on pain of being forced to listen to James Blunt

How do the professionals at Spud-U-Like do it ?

The same quandry might also apply to beans and cheese on toast, but with a lower thermal capacity, the advantages of a hot toast with cold cheese on the top are quickly lost.
No quandary there. Butter the toast, add cheese, place under grill. Once cheese melted, add beans (which must be heated in a saucepan not a magic cupboard).

Dusting the melted cheese with smoked paprika or "season-all" is acceptable, or HP sauce on special occasions

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Toast, well done, not cut, no butter, one toast buttered, cut in half placed either side of unbuttered piece. Place beans liberally over the top add grated cheese. That is how beans should be eaten properly. 😁

Cycleops

Legendary Member
This thread poses another obvious question. What are the best baked beans?
And what is the best cheese to use?
As they’ve reduced the salt and sugar Id say Heinz is the best.
Cheddar is the popular one but Emmental or Mozzarella can be good.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I'm really not a fan of baked beans, in fact the sugary, gloopy, 1980s child-teatime staple has no place on an adult meal, the one exception being a cooked breakfast. I like jacket potato, don't get me wrong, but just a bit of butter and seasoning will do me. Maybe a bit of cheese if there's some going.

Objectively, and to help you with your quandary (which admittedly, none of the above does), cheese on top of beans at least looks that bit more right. That's the classic photo you see in cafes isn't it.
I don't "get" the beans choice either.

Bolognese / Curry / chilli are good toppings.
Butter, seasoning and cheese are a reliable option too.

Top Bottom