Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Completing the set. Borinage, a grisette which is also fab and the perfect come down from the Cuvées

IMG_20180413_164219.jpg

Great cask manc beer.

7 brothers annoy me sometimes for irrational reasons but this, this I love

Orange, citrus, clever cask beer

IMG_20180413_193309_524.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
After 7 brothers, there had to be more numbers. 3 Fourpures.

Easy Peeler. A citrus IPA. Nice (but save the jazz till the end).

Hitchhiker. A peach IPA. Barman was at pains to tell me that it wasn't flavouring, it was peach pulp. It smelled and tasted of peach and went astonishingly well in the beer. I think Fourpure have dialled in a basic IPA and play around with adding things. In this case, the peach flavouring was dry enough not to make it a peach shandy.

Followed by a Chai Milkshake. A similar underlying IPA with strong cinnamon and cloves. Add just a hint of chilli.... About half way in I started getting the taste of banana. Bonkers works sometimes!

More numbers, because I've now got a spreadsheet that's up to date: 115 2/3 new beers in pints and 2 1/3rd Europints.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Great cask manc beer.

7 brothers annoy me sometimes for irrational reasons but this, this I love

Orange, citrus, clever cask beer

View attachment 404126

I went to a 7 Brothers tasting via Groupon. Lovely way to spend an afternoon

Anyhoo...I'm first for Saturday beer posting on account of being 8.5 hours ahead.

Adelaide is craft beer tastic although pricing is a bit eye watering. Kings Arms Hotel that only does South Australian stuff. Had the DIPA (good but fairly standard). Coffee stout is really excellent

IMG_20180414_193345.jpg

IMG_20180414_194026.jpg

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Up Hucking Fell?
I think Hucking Fell is somewhere in the lake district...

They have a "crowler" machine in the bar that used to be Eddie McGrath's bicycle shop. It's a bartop thingy that seals cans so you can have a carry out. They say it lasts up to five days in the can do on Friday I bought one (950ml) to take to the BBQ yesterday. The beer was ruined; still drinkable but not the zingy refreshing gooseberry IPA that went in but something duller and altogether disappointing. The fruit had gone and everything was muted.

Won't be doing that again

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Anyhow...

A Twickenham brewery Honey Dark Mild. I've said it before: there's not enough mild in this world. Honey, tick. Dark, tick. Mild, a bit too hoppy at the end for your average mild, but a tick anyway. A good journey beer, moved across the palate very deftly.

A Redemption Trinity, a light ale, flavoursome for its 3% ABV. Floral at the front, crafty in the middle, and bitter. A good beer but I wondered what weather it would be good for. Probably too much of a tangy bitterness for a really hot day but too thin for a cold one.

A Dow Bridge Acris. Big, almost vinegary, bang in the middle but no aftertaste. It left me feeling like it was an unfinished journey. Can't like them all....

Top Bottom