Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
20180415_132234.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
A couple of new to me beers in a 'Spoons earlier in the week: a Greene King IPA. (I've had plenty of Abbots before.) Trouble is that I can't really remember much about it. Then I had a Marston's Old Empire IPA, which I remember noting as a bit like the Greene King pint but a bit more intense. Average marks all round.

Last night, a Siren Suspended in Spelt. I've had their Suspended in Space before and enjoyed it. The spelt version was just a little cloudier, tropical fruit bomb at the front, short afterburn with hints of aniseed.

Tonight (owing to unseasonable warmth), an Anspach and Hobday Saison. If beer ever tried to create a scrumpy.....

And, in what looks like a sequence out of a random word generator, a Harbour Puffin Tears IPA. A mango-nosed bit of fun.

All finished off with a Wiper and True Bristol Crush. First impression was that it was a pretty good beer that had been watered down a little. But I ended up really enjoying its light grapefruitiness and light lemon aftertaste. It'd be an excellent après vélo beer.

There's another 5 new ones to the total.

U

User169

From last night. Barrel aged Farmhouse Ale. Dry, fairly clean saison base, but the barrel aging gives loads and loads of oaky wine flavor. Not very carbonated - if you tried this blind you might think it were wine. Doesn’t seem to Score highly on ratebeer, but i thought it was great. Very much my kind of thing.

A big thank you to @MossCommuter for this one!

3185464C-E8F4-4818-BF72-DE6CB2F22EC7.jpeg

From last night. Barrel aged Farmhouse Ale. Dry, fairly clean saison base, but the barrel aging gives loads and loads of oaky wine flavor. Not very carbonated - if you tried this blind you might think it were wine. Doesn’t seem to Score highly on ratebeer, but i thought it was great. Very much my kind of thing.

A big thank you to @MossCommuter for this one!

View attachment 405244
Top labelage

Top Bottom