Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Accidentally happened into the local taproom.

2/3rds of a Verdant Pulp Double IPA. Talk about intense! Pineapple nose, deep pulpy middle with a long dry bitterness. A slow sipper.

A pint of Wild Weather Colour of Desire. Fruity in a tropical kind of way and far longer and lighter (but not lightweight) than the Verdant - a lovely warm evening beer. In the fruit ensemble, there was a kind of lemon descant that persisted, keeping the light hoppiness even lighter.

stephec

Legendary Member

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Ah'm currently in 6 degrees North in the wilds of Partick ( could it be the Dalston of Glasgow?) enjoying a 6 degrees Brevet Saison-a most agreeable example of the style, less, er, funky than some so a good one if you're new to the style. Next up: 6 degrees Bombini Honey Beer, definitely a stoater...they havnae gone too over the top with the honey. Finally a Fierce Heifen Hefe weissbier (Weiss Weiss baby :cheers:). Fierce always do some braw beers!:addict:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Sun most definitely over the yardarm

Cranked it up a notch..Lionrock Brewery "Expendables". Not billed as a DIPA but at 8.1% it might as well be

Unctous, a little sweet with loads of tropical fruit and a big bitter kick at the end (74 IBU). Me like

IMG_20180504_205615.jpg

Last edited:

jongooligan

Legendary Member
*I'm not supposed to be drinking but.....................................................

20180504_155408[1].jpg

From R - L.
Smoking Blonde, mild, with a low hop content and smoked malt. Mrs jg liked this one at our recent craft beer tasting class.

Bede's Chalice, a Belgian style tripel. Can't wait.

Imperious, a limited edition Imperial Russian Stout aged in oak whisky casks. It's their Temptation Imperial Stout which is so absolutely delicious before it's been stored in a whisky cask. My teeth are wattering at the thought of it.

The doctor has allowed 'the occasional drink' so what should it be? Carling Black Label? John Smiths Smoothflow? Not bloody likely.

*Last time I'll mention it. Promise.

gavgav

Legendary Member
After the week I’ve had, dealing with staff in my team who need to grow up and get on with each other, I’m in serious need of this!

Butty Bach from Wye Valley Brewery

9D3D713F-F5EC-4A99-9435-FDC3B3A274DA.jpeg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I couldn't not on this very welcome and pleasant sunny evening, what with an open taproom within pedoodling distance.

Fourpure Calvados Saison. A slightly sour apple and lemon flavour hovering over a dark hoppy base.

Fourpure Four Cauldrons, listed as a spiced pale ale, got me expecting a Glühbier kind of concoction. But it was more subtly spiced than I expected. Each mouthful started with a tingle of ginger which oddly didn't build up but quickly faded. Hints of cinnamon and another earthy flavoured spice which my tastebuddies couldn't identify.

A quick look at the 15 or so listed beers on tap told me that there weren't any new ones for me to try. But a look at their cans brought my attention to their Morning Star. ''Porter with Vanilla, French and American Oak'' it says on the can. If you made a straw out of a chocolate-covered Tunnock's caramel wafer and sucked your porter through it, you'd be somewhere near to the flavour. Gorgeous. Glad I bought 3 cans for my 3 pockets.

Top Bottom