Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Generation V - a Brett DIPA from Buxton.

A big beer. Quite dark by modern iPA standards. Loads of horse and leather in this one and a pithy citrus finish. Yum!

Thank you to @MossCommuter for this one!

(No comments on the “lawn” please)

3456D589-5749-437D-8BE1-46A7F851A97F.jpeg

Generation V - a Brett DIPA from Buxton.

A big beer. Quite dark by modern iPA standards. Loads of horse and leather in this one and a pithy citrus finish. Yum!

Thank you to @MossCommuter for this one!

(No comments on the “lawn” please)

View attachment 406385
Phew

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
If you go into BBNO taproom, say hi to Floris, the Dutch guy that runs the place for me.
Owing to a jet-lag event plus a missed baby-sitting event, we managed to get to the start point of the 'Bermondsey Mile' just in time not to get served. Pedalled back to Villages, and then on to Hop Stuff's Taproom just in time for their DDH to go off tap. Brew Buddies will just have to wait another week till Floris tells me all about your secret side... I did clock up one new one, an Anspach and Hobday Gose, which worked well enough Probably not distinctive enough beyond salty sourness to be particularly memorable but not bad.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
You have to find a bottle of Burning Sky Cuvée then. Absolutely my favourite at the moment
I was in the Hanging Bat in Embra the other week ( a fine establishment well worth visiting if you're in Auld Reekie) when I spotted some, but I absaloutely had to run to get my train .. ..I also thoroughly recommend the Abbotsford if you're looking for a real old school Embra oozer, and the Orkney Brewery Swannay Best.The Wiper & True red wine BA Imperial Stout and Hawkshead Tonka Bean Porter were in top form at the Bat! Glasgow on Friday:cheers:, maybe a few beers as well as some art. There are a couple of good bottle shops near Kelvingrove for the discerning beer picker:okay:. Valhalla's Goat in Byres Road is meant to be well stocked too...churs!

he Wiper & True red wine BA Imperial Stout and Hawkshead Tonka Bean Porter
Do want

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
After being very critical of Meantime beers, following a recent visit to their taproom, which I think I described as ''micro-corporate'', I walked into one of their pubs and had a very enjoyable fun and fruity ''Kiwifornian Dream'' followed by a Cali Pale Ale, which was a little dryer, a little more bitter, but still enjoyable. So, a couple of humble beers as I eat humble pie.

Also, in the pub next door, a Southwark Brewery Blonde. Light and fresh but a bit unmemorable.

Still, there's another three.

Plus, the pub garden now has an emergency fire exit which leads into the garden of the pub next door. Brilliant for those rare occasions your drinking session is menaced by the pub catching fire.

Top Bottom