Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Today's tipples, so far:
View attachment 411319 View attachment 411318

Both good, the Sea Fury especially so.
If I'm being hyper critical, the Lagunitas might be just a bit too hoppy to drink all night though.

The final one for today, and it seems that I've saved the best till last:
IMG_20180527_190615648_HDR.jpg

Sharp's Atlantic Pale Ale - a pale ale that doesn't suffer from the obsession with hops, hops and more hops that afflict so many of it's contemporaries.
I can see this being a regular this summer.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The final one for today, and it seems that I've saved the best till last:
View attachment 411361

Sharp's Atlantic Pale Ale - a pale ale that doesn't suffer from the obsession with hops, hops and more hops that afflict so many of it's contemporaries.
I can see this being a regular this summer.
It's a rather good pale ale (according to my taste buds anyway).

EDiT: had one back in March, keg, and it disappeared without protest.

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Anyhow, back to the beer marathon:

Chorlton Germanic Sour. The worst beer I've drunk all year, closer to an alcoholic white wine vinegar aged in a barrel than a tasty thing. Possibly useful for catering purposes but definitely not for the bar.

Arbor Mosaic Pale. I'm not sure how grapefruit can be floral but this beer managed it. A little woody with the hoppiness. It never seemed to sit together. Better than the sour by far though.

Tescos diversion: Yeastie Boys Digital IPA. The cans say it's a NZ-style IPA. I'll go along with that. A bold bitter finish, they say. Mildly courageous finish, more like. Fruity at the front though.

(As an aside, I noticed that a nearby craft beer brewery, Fourpure, had their oatmeal stout amongst Tescos' cans. Not their best stout, IMO, I thought it good but rather safe for what they seem to think of as one of their ''flagship'' range; I'd recommend Morning Star if they've got any left. I'm now wondering how local their beer suppliers are.)

Daddy Pig

Veteran
It's a rather good pale ale (according to my taste buds anyway).

EDiT: had one back in March, keg, and it disappeared without protest.
The keg should have been made in Cornwall. The bottled beers from sharp's are no longer made in cornwall. That's what you get when American multinationals get involved... (fortunately they are yet to add rice to the grist, that would be the final straw.)

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
IMG_20180528_134017491.jpg

Haven't had this for a while. It's pretty good for a thirst quencher on a warm day.

Followed by a pint of Brakspears Oxford Gold, at a branch of a well-known upmarket brand of a major chain. Another one that has decided that owning property and selling food is more profitable than brewing beer.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Having forgotten a water bottle for my riverside pootle, it was inevitable....

Southwark Brewing: Cascade. A nice, full-flavoured but not sense-assaulting cask ale.

Brew Buddies IPA. Keg, but a gentle thirst quencher, nice and grapefruity. (I think I've had it before but it passed with flying marks this time. A definite early warm evening drinking companion.)

stephec

Legendary Member
Forgive me Father for I have sinned, an impulse buy in my local bargain shop.

Ah well, we'll give it a go.

15275357590271482292253.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
At the moment I've just had a Beer52 delivery, I'm expecting 12 new bottles from Beerwulf on Thursday, and now Lidl are having a mini beer festival.

Happy days :smile: - https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Offers.htm?id=672&week=1

Edit: Bollocks, I've just noticed the 'only in Scottish stores' bit.

I think I need to try and book myself some work up north.
There's always the Innes and Gunn Bourbon Barrel Scotch Ale - that's the red label one - which may still be on offer (down from something like £1.49 to £1.29 a bottle. For a decent 6.6% imbibable! Mind, it only comes in .33l bottles.) It's a bargain boozers' best buy beer. Well, it's a good-for-marmosets beer at an even better price.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
At the moment I've just had a Beer52 delivery, I'm expecting 12 new bottles from Beerwulf on Thursday, and now Lidl are having a mini beer festival.

Happy days :smile: - https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Offers.htm?id=672&week=1

Edit: Bollocks, I've just noticed the 'only in Scottish stores' bit.

I think I need to try and book myself some work up north.
Ayeyouserighttherebugman!:okay: Life aint so bad at all...if you live it North of The Wall. The Kernel Pale, Black Isle Yellowhammer and Fell Simcoe Ekuanot are all in top form in the Fell Bar Penrith tonight! Also thoroughly recommend Watermill Shi Tzu Faced (7% golden bitter).:cheers:

Top Bottom