Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
IMG_20180531_140500.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
And I'll be at the bar later. I'm too thirsty.
Captain's barlog: Stamps Submarina spotted at hand pump no. 2. Negotiated a peace settlement with this perfectly adequate bitter from Liverpool, with a limited trade deal for supplies of their Rum Porter (hand pump no 4) ensuring a lasting accord with this alien beer people. (Slender, with pretensions of being a stout but genuine hints of rum.)

Set off across the Irish Sea to the Hillstown Brewery. Black Northern Irish IPA. Keg but not too cold and lively, a very agreeable concoction with what I think of as a craft front. Rather drinkable.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
I've done well in Yellow Sticker Land recently-lots of Northern Monk Mocha Porter, Red Willow Wreckless & Weightless and Beavertown Black Betty (ooooohhhh Black Betty...;):music:). Nice pint of Thwaites Spitting Feathers (copper ale) at the Crown Inn, Pooley Bridge yesterday afternoon...I had an hour to wait for my bus, which was just as well as the q's were horrendous. Their beer garden backs onto the River Eamont, so it's a pukka place for a pint!

IMG_20180601_150511.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've just opened a Holden's XB, of Aldi provenance (see post upstairs^). Not at all bad. Generously flavoured and fully malty.

Earlier, a Fourpure Hop to Trop. Though I thought it went more Trop till you Hop. Good enough, perhaps a bit safe and generic crafty.

The localest brewery launched a new beer today, Villages Crusoe. But, man what a Friday, I'll have to wait till tomorrow to add it to do the list!

Top Bottom