Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I had my first Beerwulf delivery, containing my first ever Kwak, yesterday.

Also in it were these two, and something I should possibly have asked earlier is, do I leave the sediment in the bottle as that's what I did?

View attachment 412285
Just my opinion on the sediment: if you're happy drinking hazy beer, don't worry about it at all, if you expect beer to be clear, pour it gently and waste the end bit...then if you're adventurous, try pouring just a little bit more, if the sediment doesn't harm the taste, pour a little more, etc. I reckon the do not disturb approach to beer is based more on the expectation of clean and shiny beer than any possible damage to the taste.

Still, while I'm not a purist on cloudy beer, I do believe that the P in IPA stands for Pale and pale refers to colour. I'm looking at you, Little Beer Corporation. Your Crystal Rye IPA (Little and Often) is nowhere near pale. Good beer, though. Rich and generously malted, an auburn-tinted beer to savour.

While I'm posting, a keg Beavertown Neck Oil. Refreshing, easy drinking sesh IPA. Probably a mountain of Mosaic in there. Very light on bitterness.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Visited the 5 Paddles Brewery Tap in Whitby, a suburb of Toronto

Had a very pleasant flight of 6 beers. The coconut was a bit weird. The one with Jalapenos was too spicy, couldn't finish it.

IMG_20180602_155929.jpg

IMG_20180602_155951.jpg

IMG_20180602_160259.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Just had another Redchurch ale, their Paradise Pale Ale. Perfectly timed for the early warm evening, a good and easy, refreshing thirst quencher, fairly low alcohol. Think grapefruit.

And a Siren Affogato. This is an ice cream and coffee American Pale. Fairly sweet but fruity in a pineapple kind of way with an intense vanilla-laden taste of coffee. Definitely a beer to have for dessert and you don't need to order a coffee to go with it.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
I have not drunk this beer (yet) but I thought it was a fab name!

View attachment 412562

"I Always Felt Closer to IPAs Than I Did To People"
Change 'people' to 'my wife' and I'll wear the t shirt....

Daddy Pig

Veteran
I've been off the beer for a few months now but still call in here occasionally. Is TBM still on the missing list?
It would appear so!
My 4 year old daughter said I've got a bigger belly than the 'fat controller' cheeky get... So I'm currently on a go beer slow diet... One a week is the aim but that means I can spend a bit more... Might even be able to afford Cloudwater! :ohmy:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Right, off we go....

An Arbor Cit-Chew-Eka pale. Can only find a gluten-free Citra pale on their web site so I don't know what on earth it was. I did manage to find out that it was named after Citra and another hop (motueka?). A light and refreshing fruity concoction, imbibed as a gentle apéro for the pizza.

Followed by a meatier cask beer from Hop Stuff. Fusilier Pale Ale. Darker in colour, darker in taste, bitterer in bitterness.

Après pizza saw another visit to the bar. Another Bristol beer to match the Arbor, a Wild Beer Pogo pale. I tasted passion fruit, my mother (family outing) tasted orange. A visit to their website tells me that passion fruit and orange were added, but there was also guava. So we got 2 out of 3, which is better than my 7 day quiz average. A gentle, fruity summer ale with almost no bitterness.

Finishing off with a bottle from Aldi, a Marco Pierre White ''The Governor'' in front of the telly. It claims to be an all-malt British beer. But it's not all malt, is it? It's malted barley, for a start. Not to mention yeast, hops and water. Nice all-British water, though. Probably.

Top Bottom