Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And they said Cloudwater was dear

This takes the piss

1528557701713439806271.jpg

But I so do want

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
IMG_20180609_163059447.jpg

Resolution cask golden ale. As with almost everything I've had from the brewery, extremely well made and balanced.

Levo-Lon

Guru
'Like' withheld for peanut crime.

Beer killer...

Overheard in my local, a small independent selling a huge selection of fine craft in bottles, cans, keg and cask:

Have you got Strongbow?
No, we don't stock Strongbow
Oh, warrabout Carlin'
No, we don't do Carling either
Oh, well what have you got?

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Overheard in my local, a small independent selling a huge selection of fine craft in bottles, cans, keg and cask:

Have you got Strongbow?
No, we don't stock Strongbow
Oh, warrabout Carlin'
No, we don't do Carling either
Oh, well what have you got?
It's important to appreciate that the afficionados of "fine ale" are still very much in a minority

Should have seen the gurning when I got a couple of FYP guys to try a bog standard IPA recently

And don't ask what they likened a Tangerine Sour to I was drinking a bit back

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Not as full on-hoppy as the last one, more "rounded", I like it. ...
View attachment 413385

Tried that the other week and it's a very nice drink - and I've discovered they have it on draught at a bar near work...

Tonight's tipple:
IMG_20180610_183813922.jpg

Which is going down very nicely - the description on the label covers it off well.
It's probably a good job I'm on the train to work tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
A foursome for tonight so it's a bit of a memory test for me.

Started with a Siren Yu Lu pale. Light and tangy. Described as a Loose Leaf IPA, it's supposed to have Earl Grey tea in it but no it had no really noticeable hint of bergamot. Nice but a bit ying-tang-tiddly-typhoo.

A Wild Weather Epic Saison. What is that hop that tastes of apples? Whatever it is, it's in it, together with a woody bitterness. An ''interesting'' beer, and quite rich in imbibability.

A Bristol Milk Stout. Rich, lush, with loads of caramel. One to sip and savour.

Tempest Long Cloud IPA. So a New Zealand style IPA from the Tweed. A really enjoyable ale, reasonably bitter but not that dark bitterness that I associate with NZ beers. The more I drank it, the more I enjoyed it.

Gratuitous picture of an almost finished Saison, 2/3rd of a Chorlton mango sour, with a Milk stout patiently waiting on the left. Oh and my niece. She's Canadian so she can't help it.
P1000119.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom