Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteveF

Am supping the blueberry ale, trying to but not quite getting a handle on the moment.... It's lovely bye the way...

DSC_0267.JPG

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Very quiet on here... is everybody on a beer free diet?
No chance!:cheers: I've been enjoying some fine ales ranging from trad Bitters (Palmers Long Hop, Estthwaite Bitter) to cloudy hoppy IPAs (Gipsy Hill Drifter, Fell Simcoe Ekuanot), session IPAs (Fyne Ales Workbench), saisons (Gyle 59 Tojours) and fruity Sours (Northern Monk 002). I was sat outside the Euston Tap yesterday thinking about having one more pint, but my train was leaving in 10 minutes so I reluctantly decided against it ( I did visit Fell Penrith and Dockray Hall when I got back).:heat:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Popped out for a pair of pints...

I began with my first ever football-themed cask ale: a Rockin Robin Put'in the Net. Besides, it seemed like the perfect time for one. Described as a summat-or-other IPA, it was more like a session bitter. A rather bright thirst quencher but with balanced bitterness. Enjoyable.

Followed by a Brew Buddies Porter. I like porters but find that with many more contemporary style porters it's a game of spotting the added aromas. This was just a simple, well made porter that tasted of porter. None of the ''Ooh, caramel!'' and ''Ooh, coffee!'' experience. Just - and I guess it's mostly malted barley - ''Ooh porter!''

Quick trip to Santa Pola on Costa Blanca.Sadly not a hol but managed to find it's only decent beer establishment so sneaked in for a couple post dinner

This is Naparbier Mad Clown IPA from Pamplona. Very nice and refreshing and typical of the modern style. Encouraging that even a beer desert like Spain (Mahou anyone?) has good stuff if you look for it

View attachment 414386
One of my all-time favourites is Spanish by Basqueland Brewing Project.

BBP-Coco-Chango-Rye-Imperial-Porter-cerveza-artesana-pagina.png

If you see anything by them give it a go.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Quick trip to Santa Pola on Costa Blanca.Sadly not a hol but managed to find it's only decent beer establishment so sneaked in for a couple post dinner

This is Naparbier Mad Clown IPA from Pamplona. Very nice and refreshing and typical of the modern style. Encouraging that even a beer desert like Spain (Mahou anyone?) has good stuff if you look for it

View attachment 414386

Talking of Spain, there is a place in Murcia selling an unexpected "craft" beer...
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...ar-murcia-spain-hipster-twitter-a8393991.html

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm drinking a coconut stout, which is bitter and quite coconutty, it's OK but will move on to the chocolate vanilla porter shortly ....

View attachment 414484
See, me, I had a chocolate and coconut imperial stout (9 quid and 9 percent) and had my vanilla in the Gooseberry and vanilla sour.

My beers in front of my bikes diversion....
P1000168.JPG

I started with the Coastline gooseberry and vanilla stout at the Fourpure taproom. One of the best sours I've had this year. Strong on gooseberry, light on vanilla. Gooseberry is perfectly tart enough to flavour a good sour. A sour I happily drank a pint of.

My brother had a Coastline at the same time as I had the Nightfall chocolate and coconut Imperial Stout monster, which is how I photographed the 2 beers at the same time without clever superimpositions. It's a lovely beer, strong chocolate with coconut coming through afterwards and counterpointing the darker bitterness. Sip and savour, sip and savour.

And off we wheeled to the Dog and Bell where we fed and Dave had a Put'in while I had a Dorking Brewery Washington Gold while we watched the Ronaldo show. I don't know Dorking's beers but it was like a fusion of west coast IPA (I'm guessing that's where the Washington in the name comes from) with a UK bitter. A good one.

Here's a Put'in pump....
P1000173.JPG

Top Bottom