Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Some sad news from down these parts as Tuckers Maltings in Newton Abbot are due to close permenantly in October after 187 years. They are only one of a handful of companies who floor malt in the traditional method. :sad:

jongooligan

Legendary Member
It would appear so!
My 4 year old daughter said I've got a bigger belly than the 'fat controller' cheeky get... So I'm currently on a go beer slow diet... One a week is the aim but that means I can spend a bit more... Might even be able to afford Cloudwater! :ohmy:

Doc says the occasional beer won't kill me so I've done the same as you and spent a bit more. Bought a case of Durham Brewery Imperious stout which I'll drink over the next two winters. Going to nip down there this afternoon for a case of Bishop's Chalice (it's like a Belgian tripel) and that will last me the rest of the summer.

Just remembered Adrian - is he still missing too?

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Doc says the occasional beer won't kill me so I've done the same as you and spent a bit more. Bought a case of Durham Brewery Imperious stout which I'll drink over the next two winters. Going to nip down there this afternoon for a case of Bishop's Chalice (it's like a Belgian tripel) and that will last me the rest of the summer.

Just remembered Adrian - is he still missing too?
I like the Durham beers but rarely available down these parts. I may have to look at a direct order but I had the feeling they only delivered locally last time I looked. The imperious stout is great though!

I think Adrian is another Mia...

Spartak