Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
You have no idea how much I am shaking my head...
Which was worst? Spilling it on the internet or drinking it warm?

Anyhow, I wandered over to Bianca Road Brew last night. Interesting, I thought as I arrived and saw the bike by the doorstep.
P1000554.JPG

At first I thought it was a piece of porch art. I took a couple of pictures with flash in the fading light, causing the owner of the bent to hurry to the door, worried that it was lightning. Anyhow, I had a couple there and didn't particularly enjoy them: an LA Bloods, with added blood oranges and zest, and a Long Play Session IPA. The LA Bloods was low in fruitiness and pretty high in bitterness while the Long Play was also pretty bitter. Strong flavoured, though, giving the impression that it had a far higher ABV than 3.6%. Not my bag of booze though. I took home some cans of Tropcali, billed as a Citra and Amarillo summer IPA, which I also found to be not as tropical as the name suggested. It did have the beginnings of orange marmalade, but only the back end of Seville orange marmalade in a sort of after-fruity way. (After frightening the brewery's only other customer with my flash, I didn't take any beer piccies while inside.)

Couldn't face a beer tonight.... drank too much Corsican Myrte last night. 45% headache fluid. :becool:

J1888

Über Member
Which was worst? Spilling it on the internet or drinking it warm?

Anyhow, I wandered over to Bianca Road Brew last night. Interesting, I thought as I arrived and saw the bike by the doorstep.
View attachment 428020
At first I thought it was a piece of porch art. I took a couple of pictures with flash in the fading light, causing the owner of the bent to hurry to the door, worried that it was lightning. Anyhow, I had a couple there and didn't particularly enjoy them: an LA Bloods, with added blood oranges and zest, and a Long Play Session IPA. The LA Bloods was low in fruitiness and pretty high in bitterness while the Long Play was also pretty bitter. Strong flavoured, though, giving the impression that it had a far higher ABV than 3.6%. Not my bag of booze though. I took home some cans of Tropcali, billed as a Citra and Amarillo summer IPA, which I also found to be not as tropical as the name suggested. It did have the beginnings of orange marmalade, but only the back end of Seville orange marmalade in a sort of after-fruity way. (After frightening the brewery's only other customer with my flash, I didn't take any beer piccies while inside.)

I tried their Tropical Ipa - like you say, not tropical at all, extremely bitter IIRC. Think I also tried their lager.

Disappointed by both

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I tried their Tropical Ipa - like you say, not tropical at all, extremely bitter IIRC. Think I also tried their lager.

Disappointed by both
After posting last night I had a can of their Bone Dry Brut IPA, which is a collaboration with Sevensisters Brewery, and really enjoyed it. So they're not all as bitter. I've got a can of their pale ale to try later.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I've just spilled some of a rather excellent Cloudwater/Stillwater Artisanal collaboration onto my laptop. What are my chances? It's a sour with lychees and passion fruit. A fairly gentle sour that's a bit too warm because it was in a room at 25 degrees.

Given it's Cloudwater your bigger financial loss is probably the spilt beer, not the knackered laptop

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
P1000582.JPG
Almost snap! I just had a Cloddy DIPA Citra Centennial Pizza Beer, same ABV but kegged not canned.

I also confiscated a pint of Cloddy Small IPL - so a large small, I suppose - possibly the first lagerish-type beers of the year - and almost enjoyed it. I used to enjoy the odd lager but I think I'm losing the taste for it.

Finishing off with a Bone Dry IPA (Bianca Road collaboration with Sevensisters Brewery) that's nice and fruity and clean tasting. It's odd, this collaboration thing: I've been disappointed with Bianca Road but enjoy this one; and Villages, who seem to have a good basic flavour and produce variations on a theme, did a recent Collaboration with Three Hills and it really didn't feel like a Villages beer.

Last edited:
U

User169

This gets near dang. Super fresh hop aroma as soon as you pop the can. It says marmalade on the can which is deffo there, but not cloying. A bit of spice from the added coriander. Lovely stuff.

It’s brewed using Kveik - a Norwegian farmhouse type of yeast. I think Voss might be the region this one comes from.

8BC81487-A2FA-476D-92B4-C0404FB13224.jpeg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
This gets near dang. Super fresh hop aroma as soon as you pop the can. It says marmalade on the can which is deffo there, but not cloying. A bit of spice from the added coriander. Lovely stuff.

It’s brewed using Kveik - a Norwegian farmhouse type of yeast. I think Voss might be the region this one comes from.

View attachment 428375
Sounds like a good 'un.

I just opened a Portside XPA, one of Fourpure's international collaborations with the Australian brewers Little Creatures. It's billed as a ''social sundowner.'' So, cheers all! Rather bitter for Fourpure's house style, but not overly so. A very pleasing concoction, which is just as well because I ordered half a case.... I'm planning for an Indian summer of sundowning.

U

User169

Just got a message from Floris - BBNo taproom maestro. He got wiped out on his bike today at that Elephant and Castle. Dude that hit him stopped then buggered off. He’s in one piece but has a fractured coccyx. If you’re in BBNo territory give him a bit of CC:cheers:.

Top Bottom