Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I found this brewery at the weekend. I was at the Herts. county show and they had a beer tent there. Very nice brews. I tried the Pale ale, and very nice it was. They have now moved to new premises in Wheathampsted.
http://www.farrbrew.com/ourbeer#our-beers
?format=500w.png

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I found this brewery at the weekend. I was at the Herts. county show and they had a beer tent there. Very nice brews. I tried the Pale ale, and very nice it was. They have now moved to new premises in Wheathampsted.
http://www.farrbrew.com/ourbeer#our-beers
View attachment 468698
By Hampstead coincidence, the beer I'm currently enjoying (see posts above yours) was brewed in Finchampstead.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
I was lucky enough to come across a cask East London Brewery Orchid vanilla mild, which apparently won CAMRA best of class last year. Mild is a pretty rare style these days, which I think is a missed opportunity. Well, ELB took up the challenge and came up with a very good mild.
View attachment 468230
Followed by a Bad Seed Extra Pale Ale. Not bad, not special though.
View attachment 468231

Wylam, bless 'em, have come up with a perfect beer for European election results. And it's really excellent too.
View attachment 468232

A strong contender for greatest beer title as well-you can't go wrong with Wylam (Galatia DDH session pale at the Fell bar in Penrith was very welcome when it's coming down yaal watter outside:rain::cheers:. Mild is an underrated beer style in my book , a rareish bird outsoide its native Black Country (bostin!)

Last edited:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
A strong contender for greatest beer title as well-you can't go wrong with Wylam (Galatia DDH session pale at the Fell bar in Penrith was very welcome when it's coming down yaal watter outside:rain::cheers:. Mild is an underrated beer style in my book as well.

Yeah agree on mild as I've menched before.

Had this baby last week, mucho yumtus.

DSC_1185.JPG

Chortle...

_20190531_193137.JPG

U

User169

Hi @DP , any recommendations for Leuven or Antwerp?

I'm afraid I don't know Leuven at all and don't know Antwerp especially well. The two beer places I've been to in Antwerp are Beerlovers (good selection, helpful bar peeps, but pricey) and Billie's Bier Cafeteria (good selection, maybe more of a studenty vibe and a little cheaper than Beerlovers).

I think @deptfordmarmoset was in Antwerp last Christmas so he may have some ideas of other places to go.

My non-beer tip for Antwerp would be to go take a wander around Zurenborg and admire the Art Nouveau townhouses.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm afraid I don't know Leuven at all and don't know Antwerp especially well. The two beer places I've been to in Antwerp are Beerlovers (good selection, helpful bar peeps, but pricey) and Billie's Bier Cafeteria (good selection, maybe more of a studenty vibe and a little cheaper than Beerlovers).

I think @deptfordmarmoset was in Antwerp last Christmas so he may have some ideas of other places to go.

My non-beer tip for Antwerp would be to go take a wander around Zurenborg and admire the Art Nouveau townhouses.
Yes, that's right. Good beer at Gollem (Suikerrui 28) but service was patchy to the point of being almost unobtainable.
P1010003 (1).JPG
P1010004.JPG

I went over to the Kulminator bar (Vleminckveld 32) only to find it shut over the Christmas period. Shame because it sounded promising. Worth a try and a report back. Unless they shut for their Summer holidays.....
There's a lovely bottle shop near Gollem - Belgian Beers and Brews (Handschoenmarkt 8). The chap in the Santa hat
was running it and he was extremely helpful.
P1010002 (1).JPG

SteveF

Yes, that's right. Good beer at Gollem (Suikerrui 28) but service was patchy to the point of being almost unobtainable.
View attachment 468866 View attachment 468869
I went over to the Kulminator bar (Vleminckveld 32) only to find it shut over the Christmas period. Shame because it sounded promising. Worth a try and a report back. Unless they shut for their Summer holidays.....
There's a lovely bottle shop near Gollem - Belgian Beers and Brews (Handschoenmarkt 8). The chap in the Santa hat
was running it and he was extremely helpful.
View attachment 468870
Thanks both

Top Bottom