Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
In Manchester with @theclaud @MossCommuter @nickyboy drinking real beer!
IMG_20190601_185131308_HDR.jpg

See if you can work out which is which?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
In Manchester with @theclaud @MossCommuter @nickyboy drinking real beer!
View attachment 468917
See if you can work out which is which?

I rec it's theclaude on left and nickyboy on the right. Mossy is under the table, natch.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
So yesterday with Mossy, Claud, Skol etc was a maelstrom of stupidly strong Northern monk stuff, marshmallow porters, mango lassi gose (was it a gose? I cant remember), something with hibiscus, Manchester tart (the beer not the tart) all washing down "Manchester Eggs" which are like Scotch Eggs, but with added black pudding and a pickled rather than conventional egg. Most dishes are improved with the addition of black pudding and the eggs were no different.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
So yesterday with Mossy, Claud, Skol etc was a maelstrom of stupidly strong Northern monk stuff, marshmallow porters, mango lassi gose (was it a gose? I cant remember), something with hibiscus, Manchester tart (the beer not the tart) all washing down "Manchester Eggs" which are like Scotch Eggs, but with added black pudding and a pickled rather than conventional egg. Most dishes are improved with the addition of black pudding and the eggs were no different.
I don't remember trying the Tart but I am surprised by your rather underwhelming review of the Manchester eggs. As I recall, they were the food of God's. From the crisp, crunchy outer coating, through the delightful peppery sausage meat/blackpudding combination right to the lightly pickled, perfectly cooked boiled egg centre. Every bite transported me closer to heaven.

I might pop back in there next weekend for a pint and another one of the celestial food balls.....

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Gipsy Hill in collaboration with People Like Us (Danish?) have come up with a super fruity sour, like a concentrated Fierce red fruit sour. Yum.
View attachment 469106
That's quite a colour! This weekend I have had a Curse of Threepwood rhubarb and hibiscus sour, and an Omnipollo Bianca Mango Lassi Gose. Both good but a bit underwhelming on the sour front. Anyway... train beer...

IMG_20190602_193521828.jpg

Top Bottom