Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Nice beer, bit too yeasty, went nuts after it was opened (the beer not me).

DSC_1192.JPG

Dahn the fackin boozer, Hook Noton Sundial, a sub 4% pale with a lovely hoppy taste and finish.

_20190602_230542.JPG

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Popped out to redirect some mail but there's a pub on the way home
IMG_20190603_190831.jpg

Burnt Mill Pintle. Rather nice but the BBNo 21, another pale, was more to my taste. I then had the misfortune of sitting next to their beer cabinet with Northern Monk Patrons Project beers in it.
IMG_20190603_202919.jpg

Currently sampling the one on the right, North Sea Sessions, a DDH session IPA. Not NM's best but no bad either

U

User169

He's from Basingstoke!!!

Anyway, Campari is brilliant. I think I might buy even a bottle today.

Spotted this in the offie today. Made with artichokes for an alternative negroni.

IMG_20190604_175244.jpg

Don't worry - that was the last of the non-beer stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
IMG_20190604_211151.jpg

11% of barrel aged barley wine by Siren. It's one of their annuals, 2018 being the year they put it into barrels, so it's this year's version. Drinking it at room temperature because I discovered that when I had a sample at the brewery this year it had already warmed up a little, which really brought out the flavour. It's a very winey barley wine and warmed up tastes almost like a fortified wine. I may put my remaining bottle in the fridge for an hour and see how it tastes when it's cooler but not cold.

09F8F238-7902-43A2-99EA-5090754A315A.jpeg
6763B0FD-9DD7-48E4-BBCA-A064D20EA110.jpeg
1B24204A-A8A1-4C20-894B-F9932E69609D.jpeg

A few I’ve had the good fortune to sample this weekend

The gardeners ale was a very pleasant surprise, never had quince but if this is anything to go by, I’m a fan

The old dairy gold top was a firm favourite but the head brewer changed a while ago and was apparently replaced by a chap from sheapardes neame but from the least bottle I had, it had become more home brewy unfortunately

The easy peeler was in a pub not far from Twickenham on Saturday. Very nice but at £6.20 a pint - blimey

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
View attachment 469437 View attachment 469438 View attachment 469439

A few I’ve had the good fortune to sample this weekend

The gardeners ale was a very pleasant surprise, never had quince but if this is anything to go by, I’m a fan

The old dairy gold top was a firm favourite but the head brewer changed a while ago and was apparently replaced by a chap from sheapardes neame but from the least bottle I had, it had become more home brewy unfortunately

The easy peeler was in a pub not far from Twickenham on Saturday. Very nice but at £6.20 a pint - blimey
That's a shame about the Old Dairy beers. I've had a few of the different 'Tops' as cask beers and the Old Dairy was a good brewery.

6AD7E151-5873-4AA9-A890-892E69AF84F3.jpeg
That's a shame about the Old Dairy beers. I've had a few of the different 'Tops' as cask beers and the Old Dairy was a good brewery.

My thoughts exactly. I think there was a turnover of staff and rumour has it that they are in some way involved with a new brewery in Ashford called the curious brewery, which has a good lager (believe it or not) but I think is owned in part by venture capitalists. Not sure how long the old dairy will be about if that’s the case which is a shame.

I worked with a mate of the brewer that came up with the original gold top, but he may even now be involved with the curious lot in some way as his mate said he’d left to join a wine maker that was looking to expand (curious) into beer. If he has, it could be a good thing.

I received a beer from a work colleague from the curious brewery, could be a special occasion beer, a barrel aged elderflower saison. Apparently

I’ll report back once I’ve tried the gold top .

Top Bottom