Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
A classic from down these parts....

IMG-20220628-WA0001.jpeg

IMG-20220628-WA0003.jpeg

... its 'gert lush' 😂

Tenkaykev

Guru
Mango and Prickly Pear Sour, Northern Monk. It's more sweet than sour but it's also very hoppy. A bit "sour meets DIPA."
View attachment 650815

I've tried to like sours but they don't suit my taste buds. I've recently returned to the dark side, Zia which I discovered in Tesco World Beers is a splendid " Tiramisu Stout from London Brewing Company. Our local Brewery, Eight Arch who are based in Wimborne recently released a barrel aged stout " Hiding Behind Shadows " The " regular " Shadows is 8.9%, the Special edition is 10.6% or thereabouts.

IMG_2314.JPG

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've tried to like sours but they don't suit my taste buds. I've recently returned to the dark side, Zia which I discovered in Tesco World Beers is a splendid " Tiramisu Stout from London Brewing Company. Our local Brewery, Eight Arch who are based in Wimborne recently released a barrel aged stout " Hiding Behind Shadows " The " regular " Shadows is 8.9%, the Special edition is 10.6% or thereabouts.

View attachment 650816

This sour really isn't very sour and it's far more beer-like than most. It's more a fruited IPA/DIPA.

My memory may be playing tricks, but I have a vague recollection of reading that you were one of the NM Patrons subscription. This beer was part of last month's ''Access all Areas'' remodelling of the Patrons/Brethren subs. Have I got you confused?

Tenkaykev

Guru
This sour really isn't very sour and it's far more beer-like than most. It's more a fruited IPA/DIPA.

My memory may be playing tricks, but I have a vague recollection of reading that you were one of the NM Patrons subscription. This beer was part of last month's ''Access all Areas'' remodelling of the Patrons/Brethren subs. Have I got you confused?

No, that’s me. We dropped out of the Patrons project, a lot of the beers were too strong for Mrs Tenkaykev. We still buy from them on an ad hoc basis, there’s some excellent low alcohol beers ( striding edge? @ 2.9%) for example.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Northern Monk have produced a Lassi Heathen trio. I'm starting on the passion fruit one in the middle
IMG_20220704_210641302.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
After a night drinking warm cask beer in a Deptford pub (Vocation, Howling Hops, Vocation) I thought I'd have a sauna beer but it turned out that the beer was having a sauna all to itself.
IMG_20220716_231130318.jpg

More lager than IPA, to be honest

Top Bottom