Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Fan onion magic from my chum Flozza.

Fastenbier which they've bottled for the first time this year.

Designed to be drunk on an empty stomach! No really!

image.jpg

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I tweeted Otley about my recent disappointment with their beers. They tracked the relevant beers, and it turns out there is a bit of a change afoot so I seem to have been drinking interim beer, so to speak, but things may settle down - I'm to report back when the new batch hits the Mumbles. Which at least means that I can legitimately portray several pub visits as Important Research.

"We had a brewer leave early May, we have been re-profiling the beers since we are about to send the newer batches of beer out to trade that have been brewed with improved flavour profiles... we would welcome your feedback again when the new beers are sent to the Park Inn, we will drop you a message when they are there."

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Wednesday night is pub night with my old, no really, old cronies. I popped in for a pint the other evening and the guest ale was apparently called Southern Pride. The barmaid didn't know from where it came, or who brewed it, and I couldn't be ársed to pursue it.
I'll delve further tonight if it's still on. I thought google would help but the only beer of that name appears to come from GA, USA. Unlikely source!

U

User169

I tweeted Otley about my recent disappointment with their beers. They tracked the relevant beers, and it turns out there is a bit of a change afoot so I seem to have been drinking interim beer, so to speak, but things may settle down - I'm to report back when the new batch hits the Mumbles. Which at least means that I can legitimately portray several pub visits as Important Research.

"We had a brewer leave early May, we have been re-profiling the beers since we are about to send the newer batches of beer out to trade that have been brewed with improved flavour profiles... we would welcome your feedback again when the new beers are sent to the Park Inn, we will drop you a message when they are there."

Nice response!

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Just back from that there London. Managed to try a few beers I don't normally see

Adnams Broadside, Fuller's Olivers Island, Fullers Seafarer, Fullers ESB

They were a bit disappointing except the ESB. Maybe it's just me but they seemed a bit thin and watery, lacking body. Lack of head on the beer obvs an issue for a Northerner too

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...

As you're the freebie champion I thought you'd have wangled some free sampling to get you back on board.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Just back from that there London. Managed to try a few beers I don't normally see

They were a bit disappointing except the ESB. Maybe it's just me but they seemed a bit thin and watery, lacking body. Lack of head on the beer obvs an issue for a Northerner too

Bottled Broadside is a thing of wonder.

jongooligan

Legendary Member

Me and Mrs. jongooligan liked the Broadside so much that we decided it would make the ideal session beer for our wedding reception. A pal bought us 18 gallons as a wedding present and it went down right well. Mebbe because the guests were getting it for free.

Take your point about the lack of head in that London but it's a well documented phenomenon so no real surprise eh?

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Me and Mrs. jongooligan liked the Broadside so much that we decided it would make the ideal session beer for our wedding reception. A pal bought us 18 gallons as a wedding present and it went down right well. Mebbe because the guests were getting it for free.

Take your point about the lack of head in that London but it's a well documented phenomenon so no real surprise eh?

I can confidently state I have never had head in London but that doesn't make it any more acceptable

Top Bottom