Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
IMAG6608.jpg

Yes, the clock's an hour slow...I know, I know - but it'll be right sometime soon... Don't normally show my wares on this erudite thread, but "Old Crafty Hen" is tasting nice - even in a Leffe glass (at Righe in pic.) 6.5% for those of you who no. The cap is pants and doesn't deserve a photo. It just says Est. 1711, so it must be Rich's vintage...it was a good year.
Anyhow, I was reading the Evening Lebedev on my commute out of town just now, and there is a snippet which may be of interest to middle-class ponc avid beer fans who dine.
Here it is. Pulled pork has given way to...
PS I deliberately removed the head of the beer to identify my location visually...:whistle:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
These northerners are crazy!

these_elections_are_crazy.jpg

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I had a Crafty Hen a couple of weeks back @Aperitif and it was ...disappointing. Morland's has never been the same since they moved the brewery from where it belongs to somewhere in the arse end of East Anglia.

With apologies for a thread diversion, I've just finished a bottle of Ty Gwyn Welsh cider. In my defence the minibar at Celtic Manor offered one bottle of generic Europiss and this bottle of "Welsh cider made from 100% apple juice". A bit sweet, but a nice nightcap since I didn't fancy joining the rest of the conference knocking back Penderyn until 3 o'clock tomorrow morning.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Last of the homebrew in the last of the evening sunshine.
That sounds interesting. I've been prowling the web and visiting endless homebrew sites of late. It seems to be a lot more complicated than my youthful attempts at producing dirt cheap alcohol in a black dustbin.

What did you brew?

U

User482

That sounds interesting. I've been prowling the web and visiting endless homebrew sites of late. It seems to be a lot more complicated than my youthful attempts at producing dirt cheap alcohol in a black dustbin.

What did you brew?
Woodforde's Wherry from a kit. It's a surprisingly decent pint, especially after it has conditioned for a couple of months.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm none the wiser re Southern Pride ( see posts passim). I took a photo of the badge which had onlt the name Independent Drinks Suppliers which leads you to this link
http://independentdrinkssuppliers.co.uk/
Southern Pride isn't mentioned and it doesn't do their beery credentials to hde the origins IMHO.
I've emailed them, and in case anyone cares, I settled for 4 pints of Harveys.

sp.jpg

srw

That's not a defence so much as a self-indictment.
I have, as you know, a desperately tough life.

srw

I have, as you know, a desperately tough life.
On the other hand it means I've just shared a lift with someone whose badge proclaimed him to be Jean Chretien OM CC QC, former PM of Canada. He sent his regards.

I had a Crafty Hen a couple of weeks back @Aperitif and it was ...disappointing. Morland's has never been the same since they moved the brewery from where it belongs to somewhere in the arse end of East Anglia.

I consider my taste buds entirely vindicated then! ^_^ Seriously, I'm not a con(noisseur)...it was the ideal beer at three for a fiver that took my fancy and a few good slugs did the trick (Any of you with a garden will wonder about that...). Why, the previous evening, I was surprised by a bottle of Old Hooky, no less - I had to pop upstairs and have a wash before I dared touch the bottle. What lay in store? As Mrs M might have said..."OK" I also had a swig or twelve of Shepherd Neame 'Brilliant Ale' (I thought all ales were brilliant if you fancied a beer) - it's 5.6% and yet tasted just fine. Yellow beer appearance but bitter enough to dispel that fear.
I gather DP's brew is going to be christened 'Super Lungion' Dubbel Dutch.
Right, back to the Tea thread.

Top Bottom