Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Trying another London Black. Still makes me think of a nitro mild
IMG_20220802_191401916.jpg

Fergs

Guru
Delighted to find a selection of Belgian beer making an appearance in our local Lidl.

I confess there’s less of it appearing there after my visit

73443C5F-8A26-49C4-8E87-BA52AFF53B5D.jpeg

stephec

Legendary Member
My first black IPA and it's a strange one.

I'm expecting to taste chocolate roastiness but instead get a load of hops with, and I don't know if I'm imagining this or not, a bit of roast in the background.

Ah well I've given it a go, but I don't think I'll be having another one.

IMG_20220806_205118.jpg

stephec

Legendary Member
How in any rational universe can an IPA be black? :wacko:

You mustn't be a hipster who falls for the marketing guff then? 😂

Although I suppose it could be argued that it refers to a style of beer rather than colour. If you were to look at a Marston's Pedigree, Sierra Nevada Torpedo, or Brewdog Mr President, without knowing what they were you could easily mistake them for a bitter because of their shade.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
You mustn't be a hipster who falls for the marketing guff then? 😂

Although I suppose it could be argued that it refers to a style of beer rather than colour. If you were to look at a Marston's Pedigree, Sierra Nevada Torpedo, or Brewdog Mr President, without knowing what they were you could easily mistake them for a bitter because of their shade.
I was thinking it's referring more to a characteristic flavour profile with the added ''white'' and ''black'' being little more than identifying marks.

PK99

Legendary Member
Does Root Beer qualify here?

When in Canada recently, I realized that Root Beer is nothing else other than the Dandelion & Burdock I Grew up with as a Lancashire Lad.

I am pleased to confirm an idea I had when tasting Root Beer:

Lamb's Nay Rum & Fentiman's Dandelion and Burdock (AKA Root beer, to keep on topic) is a marriage made in heaven...

Top Bottom