BentMikey and a Subaru Driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Road rage,it's jut no good driving when you are so wound up that you will get out of you car and shout abuse.Stupid prat.

Plus the fact driving without due care or consideration and not driving to the conditions.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
J4CKO said:
Must confess to a fondness for the fast Japanese Minicab/rally car, have nearly bought one a few times but gone for something less contreversial, anyway, have made a few friends over on Scoobynet which is the mothership for Subaru owners, been posting over there for years, so have posted a thread in general to see if anyone owns up !

have to say, they are a good bunch and are general scathing of some of the more recent owners and their attitude, its not really the car, its just anything fast and cheap attracts certain types.

I managed to own one for five years until they started to get a bit of a bad rep. They're relatively cheap to buy, but cost a packet in fuel and maintenance (7500 mile service intervals at between £200-£500 a go!).

I spent a fair amount of time lurking on Scoobynet a few years ago. You're right that most members in my time were enthusiasts rather than boy racers and there was a big emphasis on driving skills and trackdays rather than ripping up the A12. As the second-hand prices dropped they did start to attract the boy racers and that's when I sold mine. I kinda felt a bit guilty about owning something so unnecessary and I drive like a grandad anyway. I never even managed a parking ticket. A poleese I met recently suggested that I might be the only (ex)-scoob owner in the country without points.

I suspect you'll get a mixed response over at s'net, but I'd hope most of the grownups would judge the vid on its merits.

thomas

the tank engine
Bollo said:
A poleese I met recently suggested that I might be the only (ex)-scoob owner in the country without points.

One my old teachers, must have been in her 60s, short little lady, drove a Subaru...she bought it because she was told they were reliable.

Apparently she drove everywhere without exceeding the speed limit by even a dash ;)

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
manalog said:
So this Scooby overtook you so that he can go as quickly as poss from A to B and then braked, got out threw some abuse and away he went? Why overtake in the first place then stop? It doesn't make sense. I hope the Police pays him a visit. Please let us know what happens.

I suspect that the tw@t was spoiling for a fight.

In my experience if you don't react at all (not, not at ALL!) then they tend to leave you alone. I've never once had "road rage" off someone to whom I didn't react at all - no eye contact, just pretend they aren't there.

thomas said:
One my old teachers, must have been in her 60s, short little lady, drove a Subaru...she bought it because she was told they were reliable.

Apparently she drove everywhere without exceeding the speed limit by even a dash ;)
I've heard folk saying similar going for the Subaru Forester ? (Estate) but i think the Imprezza are driven by wantabe rally drivers. Personally I don't think I've had a probleblem with the driver of one as they've got the acceleration to give them time to give me ample of space.

My mate dave at work would have taken this bloke on and that bloke would have run a mile.

Dave gets the hump very easily.Ex cabbie converted.

I'll certainly be interested to know what the police do about this.

The twerp came out of the car all hard man, but you can tell as soon as BM replies back (very politely if you ask me) the twerp realises that he isn't going to intimidate the cyclist and actually starts backing off and tries to exits 'without disgrace'.

The twerp will probably crash into a tree soon. I wouldn't wish it on him, but he fits the tree crash profile.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
hackbike 666 said:
My mate dave at work would have taken this bloke on and that bloke would have run a mile.

Dave gets the hump very easily.Ex cabbie converted.

I think Dave and i must have gone to the same school...sorry i know its not PC, but I would have been too tempted to just lamp him.

unfortunatley (hear's xminsteR sighing in protest) I've never encountered road rage without it ending badly for one of us.

silverbow

magnatom said:

The twerp came out of the car all hard man, but you can tell as soon as BM replies back (very politely if you ask me) the twerp realises that he isn't going to intimidate the cyclist and actually starts backing off and tries to exits 'without disgrace'.

The twerp will probably crash into a tree soon. I wouldn't wish it on him, but he fits the tree crash profile.

Richard Ballentine talks about this curial time when a car driver leaves the comfort of his world and steps in to yours. Ballentine says this is the best time to exert your presence and gain the up hand. (I think Ballentine is a little more forceful, but the sentiment is there).

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
As they got out of the car on top of the driving, I really hope the Police do something about it. If it had been done to them it wouldn't have been tolerated.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Can someone pass this to Bentmikey?

Sec 59 minimum.

S5 Public order offence, using words or actions likely to cause harassment alarm or distress.

Number plate offence too. The plate should read D4 NOK.

The reversing might be 50-50, he could say he missed a gear, but depends where the reverse is on a scooby. A good traffic bobby would seal him into that offence during interview with good questioning.

If the police don't do anything, complain, and send footage to the local media and the YouTube URL to the Chief Constable of the area.

IMO there's more than enough evidence there to go round to the imbecile's hovel and read the riot act.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
magnatom said:

I bloody would (wood?)

But I wouldn't wish it on the tree.

Top Bottom