BentMikey and a Subaru Driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twiggy

It's interesting to read what drivers are saying about air horns and cameras though.
Where do we cyclists get off, don't we know only cars are allowed to have horns, it's just disgraceful that we'd wish some method of alerting other road users to our presence.

Tis rather scary incident, though also amusing how the guy flees at the first sign of trouble.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I think we ought to trace the knobber, and put letters under his windscreen asking him politely not to be such an arse.

ScottSub 10

Ohh dear. I think this what happens when two pricks cross paths.

Although Dan is in a league of different prickness what Mikey does in general (having viewed many of his videos including the very 'non-event' ones) is also pretty pathetic. In fact he is indeed in danger of escalating what might be a minor case of inconsiderate driving (especially in view of a lack of knowledge about recumbents and why they need more road and appear to be less considerate of those that pay big money to use roads). It is likely that if he filmed me in some vigilante style manner that he would get a response that might escalate negatively.

I say all this as a chap who cycled London streets for eight years. I would also suggest I rode a bike better suited for the purpose and rode more defensively than this chap. He seems to ride quite quickly (think 25mph rather than 15mph)and only partially using cycle lanes ( I find it a bit scary, especially when he's overtaking in the right hand lane withcarsthat may turn right at any time). Having captured your accident on film is far less clever than being more realistic about the real road-world and avoiding one in the first place.

Again I say this as a chap who had his shoulder dislodged by a Citroen in Holborn (driver turned acros me in a bus lane) and as one who beat up a weaving Royal Mail driver after he knocked me off in a bus lane and then called me a c**t when I caught up with him. Something really snapped in me... A simple "sorry" would have avoided bruises...

I would also say that I had only about 4 serious incidents in 8 years (inc a BMW jumping a red). So castigate the twit Dan but also look home as well - something just aint right here...

Scott D

Origamist said:

They seem to have turned a little -

ScoobyForumGC8WRC said:
And last but not least i would have taken his camera off him and smashed it to small bits infront of him, then twatted him when there was no camera there, this ass hat has no right to go around harrasing motorists in this way, i hope he gets run over by an artic or gets ball cancer!

and

ScoobyForumGC8WRC said:
That forum will be full of like minded cnuts with the same zarked up outlook on life, i hope they all get aids!

Pity really, the rest of them seem quite sensible.

If you're in Cheshire/South Manchester, keep a look out for this shed. Its driver seems a little wound up.

picture.php

Differentpov

I come from scoobynet, and have a different point of view! Why is some guy riding around on a recumbent, with a camera, filming so called bad drivers? He has an airhorn fitted, these are illegal, and the use of one is likely to provoke a reaction form anyone! The subaru driver clearly said the recumbent rider pulled out on him (which i believe he did to provoke a reaction). Why does this guy think its up to him to police the local roads?, hasnt he got anything better to do? Whilst most on scoobynet have decided the driver in question was acting like a tool, i think the eccentric clown on the recumbent provoked the reaction, and has done 23 other seperate times according to youtube, this guy obvioulsly has no life at all and lives to annoy paying road users then go running to police with requests for action! and as for all the other members requesting police action, from my point of view thw scooby driver did nothing wrong. He wasnt going 100mph as the video said (no where near, more like 40), and the driver reversed to avoid hitting an obstacle in front, not to try to run the cyclist over, its all a big over reaction from another eccentric cyclist who thinks the road is exclusively for him! Basically stop filming other road users, get rid of the air horn and stop trying to provoke others who PAY for the privilidge of using our roads, GET A LIFE MATE ( i bet your wife has left you and your trying to fill the void, either that or she is the same as you and a total fruit loop) no offence meant but your making a load of noise about sweet fcuk all!

GrasB

Veteran
Looks like a typical inappropriate overtake by a driver who doesn't really know how to anticipate a cyclist movements & has no consideration for other road users, personally I've taken a far stronger road position than that nice n' early. There's nothing major there besides Mikey has an air-horn & uses it inappropriately as most drivers do, you should use one to alert people to your presence not to tell someone you think they've done something stupid. Mr Scoobie driver doesn't like it & take offence so get out the car has a little bit of verbal & drives off. In all honesty it's 6 of one & half a dozen of the other as I think nothing would have happen beyond 2 or 3 people getting a little hot under the collar had it not been for that air-horn.

Differentpov

cheadle hulme said:
They seem to have turned a little -

and

Pity really, the rest of them seem quite sensible.

If you're in Cheshire/South Manchester, keep a look out for this shed. Its driver seems a little wound up.

picture.php

So your so bothered by this that you trawl scoobynet and misquote peoples posts, you lot really need to get a life, the road is not exclusivley for cycists!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Lets not turn this into an argument with Scoobynet. This is a forum and we can discuss the facts in a civilised manner.

38 secs approaching roadworks, keep right sign warning of road narrowing on nearside. Note position of on coming vehicles (this is a single carriageway road)

39 secs - A shout - I presume Mikey - the bike steers close to the obstruction, Subaru drives past and brakes to a halt.

40 secs - a car horn? one of the cars coming in the opposite direction? I wonder why and if it was the Subaru driver's actions that instigated it?

45 secs - Driver (D4N) get out approaches and says to Mikey, "What the fcuk you shouting at, bitch?

Mikey replies about how the driver was close and could have hit him - is that unreasonable?

Driver replies, "You can fcuk off with that stupid little.....(unclear)"

Mikey says he's got the number plate and will post on Youtube live??

Driver says that he's scared gets into car. More verbals are exchanged about road tax and Mikey pulling out. Driver says shut your mouth, the car goes into reverse??? (Why) Then drives off in a straight line - no sign of any obstruction?

Differentpov

ComedyPilot said:
Lets not turn this into an argument with Scoobynet. This is a forum and we can discuss the facts in a civilised manner.

38 secs approaching roadworks, keep right sign warning of road narrowing on nearside. Note position of on coming vehicles (this is a single carriageway road)

39 secs - A shout - I presume Mikey - the bike steers close to the obstruction, Subaru drives past and brakes to a halt.

40 secs - a car horn? one of the cars coming in the opposite direction? I wonder why and if it was the Subaru driver's actions that instigated it?

45 secs - Driver (D4N) get out approaches and says to Mikey, "What the fcuk you shouting at, bitch?

Mikey replies about how the driver was close and could have hit him - is that unreasonable?

Driver replies, "You can fcuk off with that stupid little.....(unclear)"

Mikey says he's got the number plate and will post on Yuotube live??

40 secs an illegal air horn the recumbent rider feels the need to use to get his point across, your not driving a artic, whats the air horn about?

longers

Legendary Member
This is what was used by BentMikey.

Is it illegal? You'll have to prove to me that it is because I think you're wrong.

Differentpov

ComedyPilot said:
Sorry, 39 secs is the Airzound horn - not me BTW, the bloke on the recumbent. Listen at about 40 secs there is another horn?

Fair point i missed it first time around! Does this recumbent cyclist regularly do this to motorists? If so its a ticking timebomb with regards to getting a reaction he cant cope with, i.e getting a punch in the face for his troubles!

longers

Legendary Member
Differentpov said:
Fair point i missed it first time around! Does this recumbent cyclist regularly do this to motorists? If so its a ticking timebomb with regards to getting a reaction he cant cope with, i.e getting a punch in the face for his troubles!

Nice! Smack people for daring to express their discontent with poor driving.
Lovely stuff.

Top Bottom