BentMikey and a Subaru Driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Crankarm said:
I'm dsyslexic. It takes me ages to post anything as I have to check each line about 4 times. I'm forever editing :sad:. But point taken, no harm done eh?

Apostrophe taken?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
when I went over a cab (the traffic lights were out, and both of us, coming at ninety degrees, had deemed our side to be green) (I was younger) I remember thinking, as I somersaulted over the bonnet 'this is f*cking stylish, I hope somebody's watching'.

I did lose my nerve and give up for seven years, though. The cab smash came a few months after being rear-ended and left for dead by a hit and run driver doing 55 on a dark country road. It took even longer than seven years before I rode on dark roads. Now.......

So I don't mind people losing their nerve. I'm not in a position to mind. And it might be no bad thing - Simon Mk2 is a safer cyclist than Simon Mk1* and Simon Mk2 shepherds his wife across central London in the morning as if he were carrying a load of Faberge eggs. And leading group rides does give you a real sense of what might go wrong with an inexperienced rider.

*Of course Simon Mk2 did come off while racing some twentysomething down Bishopsgate and break his pelvis. But, that was a one-off.....

I know two blokes at work who have had accidents recently.One was rear ended and the other was left hooked.Thankfully they are both ok.

Crankarm

Guru
Was passed by several of these Subaroo types cars this evening all travelling at insane speeds in a 30 mph limit one was pretty close. Hopefully they will all meet tree trunks or brick walls removing themselves from the planet :biggrin:.

Crankarm

Guru
User3143 said:
Wishing death on someone is not nice, spread the love people and make hay not war.

No surprise it's User3143 :eek:. Given that they were road racing and could easily have killed me or left me for dead I don't give a toss. The roads would be a safer place if they were removed from them permanently preferrably by their own stupidity either crashing into a tree trunk a brick wall or into themselves :eek:. I really do not give a sh1t if dangerous drivers kill themselves bikers included. In fact good riddance. I'm really not the sentimental type.

GrasB

Veteran
Problem is a number of drivers get in those WRCesque cars & think they're Marcus Grönholm or someone like that then blat around the countryside like they're invincible. I had a very bad experience with someone overtaking me in the wet, no try about monsoon as it gets around here, at high speed almost knocking me off my bike with the spray velocity going between Grantchester from Newnham (Crankarm will probably appreciate how nasty this road is), soon after this I hear a scratching sound and a dull thud & 2 Corners latter I find the said car in the ditch. Nice waste of my afternoon getting ambulance out, then interviewed by the police etc.

There was a monsoon on the RAMA IV the other day and while cycling there in the dark I don't think it was my finest hour in quite heavy traffic.Even lost my fenix which didn't go down too well.

asterix

Comrade Member
Oh boy, am I looking forward to getting off the ferry when it reaches Dover! (not)

GrasB said:
Problem is a number of drivers get in those WRCesque cars & think they're Marcus Grönholm or someone like that then blat around the countryside like they're invincible. I had a very bad experience with someone overtaking me in the wet, no try about monsoon as it gets around here, at high speed almost knocking me off my bike with the spray velocity going between Grantchester from Newnham (Crankarm will probably appreciate how nasty this road is), soon after this I hear a scratching sound and a dull thud & 2 Corners latter I find the said car in the ditch. Nice waste of my afternoon getting ambulance out, then interviewed by the police etc.

Grantchester Racetrack? Can't do more than 30-40 even on a motorcycle, I've tried :smile: But it does attract the 'how fast can I corner on narrow roads with high verges, for sure.

GrasB

Veteran
2Loose said:
Grantchester Racetrack? Can't do more than 30-40 even on a motorcycle, I've tried :smile: But it does attract the 'how fast can I corner on narrow roads with high verges, for sure.
Yeah, so you're driving in relative safely then. You can easily go faster that with complete disregard for safety & other people coming the opposite way.

J4CKO

I actually want a WRCesque car, generally I find they are driven fairly well, occasionally though, if they are driven badly, its very badly, I keep my eyes open for one on the way to work, the driver drives in a spirited manner and hasnt actually caused me any problems but he does "make progress", he has overtaken when I have been coming towards him, enough room but a bit worrying and I have seen him slide a little sideways off the roundabout, looked controlled but again makes me wary, DE55 ZKB, black Impreza in the Knutsford area, if you read this mate, watch out for podgy, slightly nervous cyclists on Chelford road.

Top Bottom