Best Bargain Bought This Year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
I recently got a cracking deal on a set of Campagnolo Eurus wheels, which got me thinking about what deals everyone else has managed to get this year?

My wheels have an RRP of £799.
Found them at Halfords for £549. (cheapest price anywhere)
Then got 10% off for British Cycling members and combined with buying a gift card through work with 16% off.

Actual price of £415 for a £799 set of wheels...or 48% saving!

What have you all managed to snag in 2017?

dodgy

Specialized Defroster road boots - £63.99 (RRP about £160 I think).
Shimano CM-2000 action cam - £58 (RRP £240 and still on sale close to what I paid)
Gore One 'ShakeDry' waterproof jacket - £154 (RRP about £250 ish). This is a superb product and lives up to the hype, by the way.

Might have been other stuff, can't think just now.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A Ti frame from Planet X. The price was nearly half the listed price and very cheap for a Reilly made Ti frame.

I was a little resistant at buying from Planet X due to the bad reports, experiences and reviews you hear and see. (they did muck up, but only by sending the wrong headset - twice)
But I bit the bullet and bought it.
I was so glad I did. It's a lovely frame that's well made, looks good and is a sublime ride.
Chuffed.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Do Winter boots really make a difference then @dodgy @ianrauk

mgs315

Lifeline TT-01 Turbo Trainer for £49.99 during Black Friday was pretty good. Can’t really argue with £50 for a first turbo, happens to be pretty decent too (the neighbour is deaf anyway!)

I would’ve liked to have said a ~£1k bike this year but alas I can’t quite sneak that one past the other half considering we’ve the house to renovate and a wedding to pay for in the same year! I’ve said if I get up Ditchling Beacon during the BHF London-Brighton lottery that is the hoardes of walkers I’m treating myself to a ~£1.5k Canyon Endurace (not sure on priority of disc, carbon or Ultegra yet at that price point yet mind. May be a topic closer to the time). Trade off is that she picks the (limited) colour.

Last edited:
Top Bottom