Best fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grellboy

Über Member
Was watching some GCN vids on YouTube earlier and they were demonstrating how to get in an aero position to counter headwinds. Anyway it occured me that even though my bike frame is a good fit, I perhaps don't have the saddle in the correct place to enable me to get down properly. Would raising the saddle and moving it back help me get in a better position?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Not if you can't reach the pedals afterwards :smile:

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
I'm no expert but would say that being in the best position saddle/ pedal stroke wise 100% of the time is going to be more important than being slightly more aero in aero tuck/ headwind mode.

D

Deleted member 1258

My back is not in good shape, I'm not bothered about aero, I just want to be comfortable. If you're not racing does being aero matter?

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
You are right.......

You are not an expert. :smile:

It is a tricky balance between power, being efficient and being aero.

True- if you're loosing 20% of power due to saddle being in the wrong position and only gaining 10% by being more aero than previous then you're running at a loss.

This of course will change depending on speed and if your on a long ride and become massively uncomfortable this will change again. There must a trade off somewhere.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I tried tucking into an aero position a few times, but my belly gets in the way
Si, be of good cheer. Your body shape enhances the aerodynamic effect allowing extended smoooth laminar flow.

Top Bottom