Best rear light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie

Errrr.....
OK then people, who has a recommendation for the best rear light?

I had a CatEye TL-LD1000 which was pretty good at burning the retina of any following motorists - even my mate remarked on how bright it looked. Unfortunately some bar-steward nicked it so it needs replacing. I've been running a much cheaper LED which I was intending to get anyway as backup, but need something which will work on dark country lanes.

Do I go with another TL-LD1000/1100 or does someone have a better idea?

TIA

Smart 1/2 watt Superflash.
About £12 and far brighter than the Cateye LD 1000 that Baggy runs. Just the best rear light ever and with an army of fans (I bet I'm not the last to mention it on this thread). Just don't look straight at it when you switch on....:becool::becool:

ash68

I use an LD 600 and an LD610, both do a good job. But as Chuffy said the smart seems to be the brightest of all lights and a good cheap price as well.

CarnageAX

I just got a Cateye TL LD610 the other day and am very pleased with it, probably about twice as bright as my last one.

Be seen to stay clean.

I run that constant on and have a 'flasher' on my back to really attract some attention.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Smart superflash ... not fiddley to fix on either.... and doesn't seem to accidently switch on in my pannier either.

Tetedelacourse

I use a Grandmaster Flash which although effective is occassionally annoying and difficult to switch off:

grand master flash

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Tetedelacourse said:
I use a Grandmaster Flash which although effective is occassionally annoying and difficult to switch off:

I hope that as someone attempts a dodgy overtake, the light shouts "Don't Do it!"

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
CarnageAX said:
I just got a Cateye TL LD610 the other day and am very pleased with it, probably about twice as bright as my last one.
I was following a guy with one of those this Wednesday - bloody knackering - the thing hurts your eyes so much that you have to keep overtaking :/

Tynan

Veteran
got the cateye with the two rows that work independently on the seat post, one solid, one flashing and one doing a pattern

and just got the smart flash for the outer corner of the rack to add some width, running it on steady, it certainly is bright

with the Night Vision jacket i think I'm doing my bit

since I started riding with the jacket and the pannier on the right I unquestionably get lots more width from traffic and people pulling out and peds really do see me coming

it's nice

Top Bottom