Best recovery food post-ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sazzaa

Those were but four links of many, that came up in the first few pages of search results. I did say casual googling...Perhaps you'd like to offer some 'credible' counterpoints?
Can't from my phone right now, but I did read a piece the other day about the connection between the protein "myth" and the dairy and meat industries, I'll see if I can find it again when I'm at a computer.

sazzaa

Also, if you read up on amino acids you might get a better idea of what I'm talking about further up the thread.

NorvernRob

I have a pint of milk with some protein/carb powder in. I don't care if it's effective or not, though I'd say my muscles don't ache as much the day after since I started doing it - it's a nice cold strawberry milkshake so goes down a treat anyway.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Also, if you read up on amino acids you might get a better idea of what I'm talking about further up the thread.
'Ingesting protein is a bit pointless'....? Now, feel free to correct me here, but it's protein that's the primary source of amino acids in our daily diet, not supplements and such- and if you're getting all or most of your amino acids from supplements than you aren't getting anything else that protein-rich foods provide.

OP
OP
Paul Gee

Paul Gee

Thanks for all the replies to my initial question.

Based on all the above posts, after my next ride I will ingest carbs ............. or protein, or both.

Does anyone know what the pro riders eat/drink after a long day on the saddle?

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
Milk is one of the most renowned recovery fluids there is.

But there are some numpties on here that think they know better. But hey ho
And some really fat guys @jowwy who believe milk is a renowned recovery fluid.

Last edited:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Milk is one of the most renowned recovery fluids there is.

But there are some numpties on here that think they know better. But hey ho
Yet humans are the only species to drink milk beyond infancy,nevermind the fact it's bovine milk for cute little calves to grow big and strong and ready to be steaks.

JasonHolder

@StuAff
And you should listen to sazzaa because you havent got a clue and she does. Aminos are not bottled supplements!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
And you should listen to sazzaa because you havent got a clue and she does. Aminos are not bottled supplements!
Again, there's no need to be rude. I know perfectly well what amino acids are, and they are widely available in supplement form. You'll telling me next you can't buy Vitamin C or cod liver oil.....

JasonHolder

Maybe because other animals haven't mastered the art of milking cows?
Dont start :smile:

But no. Because animals have learnt through millions of years of evolution dietary needs. Not 100 years worth of business men trying to flog milk and sausages to council bums.

Top Bottom