Best tried just the once

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Or rubbing embrocation into your legs and then going for a pee without washing your hands....

Shaun

Ouch!

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
As I understand it (it's not something I would ever try, but I have seen alarming but slightly boring video of someone I know doing this), it takes loads of attempts to learn how to ride on rollers, and it's best to start off in a doorway and hold on to the door frame with one hand, then gradually let go ... but I'm sure you knew that really ^_^
I used to ride my TT bike on the rollers, wwhilst using the tri bars. Try taking you Tshirt off whilst on them, that takes some practise.
I'm competent enough on rollers but not to the extent of anything tricksy. However, trying to get going in a completely new riding position on an unfamiliar bike wasn't my brightest moment. Its when you know you're going to do something dumb, but do it anyway.

OTing my own post, but the rust on the frame of my rollers (Elite) is spectacular! Either I've got sweat like Alien or I've discovered what the Italians did with all the metal from those 80s Lancias.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Having towed powerboat on trailer to the river and launched it, pushed away from the bank, only to find I hadn't connected the cable steering to the outboard motor.
It was a real struggle to get the boat off the bank and back into the water. Doh!!

tyred

Legendary Member
Applying Vicks vaporub and then rubbing your eye is not a good idea. DAMHIK.

Cycling wise - well re-assembling the bottom bracket of my Raleigh Trent project after a few drinks with the spindle fitted the wrong way round and sitting wondering why the crank is now rubbing the chainstay...

400bhp

Guru
Worst cycling related, rubbing embrocation cream on my legs only to discover it was tub cement.

A friend of mine once mistaklenly put hemorrhoid cream on a tootbrush and proceeded to clean their teeth.

I guess, fortunately, for my friend, the procedure was not reversed. Toothpaste is a good substitute for carbon paste on a seatpost. God knows what it would do to piles.:eek:

screenman

Legendary Member
Having towed powerboat on trailer to the river and launched it, pushed away from the bank, only to find I hadn't connected the cable steering to the outboard motor.
It was a real struggle to get the boat off the bank and back into the water. Doh!!

For me it was not putting the drain plug in.

Top Bottom