Best tried just the once

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Going on a 126 mile ride with the club after six months of just doing a twenty mile ride once a week. Compounded by having fitted a brand new (And useless) saddle a couple of days before.

My legs recovered long before my arse did.

doing a massive bmx jump on my racer converted with cowhorns.

I can still hear the crack of my ankle breaking and remember the pain vividly.

OR

riding down a mud hill that has the yellow bollards that signify the end of one of the fabled Milton Keynes redway junctions. all I remember is coming around with a massive bump above my eye and a cracking headache.

thinking about it, I wonder if this had long term effects....:wacko:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Barwick Ford on slick tyres. Sploosh!
Any ford, on any tyres, as far as I am concerned! :laugh:

I tried varying one of my favourite routes and headed down a steep lane into a dip intending to ride straight back up the steep road on the other side. I had taken notice of the gradients on the OS map, but neglected the fact that there was a ford at the bottom ...

Ford on Street view

I descended at speed to give me some momentum to get up the other side. That didn't work though because I discovered that the moss-covered cobble stones under the water had gaps between them which were perfectly designed for capturing bicycle wheels ... the bike stopped dead and I flew over the bars into the ford. All I can say is that cobbles are hard and lying in a ford recovering from a cobbled battering can make you feel pretty cold! :wacko:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I followed the instructions that came with my Brooks B17 for years. Never do this.
"Proofide is the only substance that should be used to care for your saddle. Apply a little Proofide to the finished side of the leather. Allow the Proofide to permeate until dry and then polish off."

As a result I sat on a piece of oak for six years. Go and bugger yourselves, Brooks. You and your ten quid tin of Kiwi neutral shoe polish.
I was given the tip of painting on flexalan recently, and it's finally rideable, and enjoyable.

Top Bottom