Best TV series ever?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
A lot of the votes are for US imports, and rightly so. It's just not true that US telly is crap.

I would put my hand up for the first series of Ally McBeal. Some brilliant lines - "Your trouble, Ling, is that you think everyone hates you. In fact it's only the people who know you."

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Another one for The Wire.

Currently working my way through several series' of Curb Your Enthusiasm which I borrowed from a friend. I've given up now though because it gets stale after a while, it was worth it for the chef with tourettes episode at the end of season 3 though.

Brilliant, had me laughing like a hyena when I first watched it... though definitely not for here though :ohmy::laugh:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
friends-tv-show.jpg

I still regularly watch episodes on Comedy central, as do the kids and still laugh out loud now and again

Nearly 20 years after airing.

now that must be good.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
A lot of the votes are for US imports, and rightly so. It's just not true that US telly is crap.
We see the best stuff. Her Nibs, selling fifty million quid's worth of telly in to the States (most of it produced in New York by UK expats) would probably say we have skills here that are only available at vast cost there.

For all the polish that the best US series have, there's something that we and the Danes do better - and that's make space. Where you've got half a dozen or more highly intelligent writers putting a script together (I think that ER had fifteen on some episodes) it's going to be frenetic. The slice of 'Tinker Tailor...' I linked to above, and the work of Stephen Poliakoff is different. There are pauses. Not every shot pans at high speed. Sometimes there's a bit of time for something quite inessential. I like that.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
friends-tv-show.jpg

I still regularly watch episodes on Comedy central, as do the kids and still laugh out loud now and again

Nearly 20 years after airing.

now that must be good.
That tops my list. Of programmes I most despise. I cringe when that comes on and go out of my way to avoid any programme or film (a couple of episodes of Band of Brothers excluded) that features any of those people. Along with Dr. Who, Emerdale Farm and Last of the Summer Wine, I am happy to say I've never seen a single episode of that dross.

Most recently Mrs S and I really enjoyed Suits on Dave.

It's a great series that we fell into quite by accident, but loved every episode.

New series should be due pretty soon too:hyper:

Ron-da-Valli

It's a bleedin' miracle!
1. The Prisoner
2. Kojak "who loves ya baby!"
3. The Mysteries Of Edgar Wallace.
4. The Singing Ringing Tree
5. Children Of The Stones.
Showing my age as they are all 60's & 70's series.:smile:
The coolest theme tune has to be "Highwire" the Danger Man theme!

Darren Jeffrey

Über Member
The shield is by far my favourite although closely followed by sons of anarchy.

Prison break was good as was falling skies.

Further down my list

Fringe
The bill
Southlands

Top Bottom