Best wind up when someone tries to be a hero whilst you’re riding.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This time of year does seem to bring out the Superman brigade. I’ve had a couple of rides in the past couple of days, where I’ve been chopped by someone who’s consequently ‘blown up’ a couple of yards later. The two things I’ve found that winds them up is to re pass them whilst slow clapping sat bolt upright with both hands off the bars, and saying “If I thought it was a race I’d have made an effort”. It’s fun winding choppers up.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
This time of year does seem to bring out the Superman brigade. I’ve had a couple of rides in the past couple of days, where I’ve been chopped by someone who’s consequently ‘blown up’ a couple of yards later. The two things I’ve found that winds them up is to re pass them whilst slow clapping sat bolt upright with both hands off the bars, and saying “If I thought it was a race I’d have made an effort”. It’s fun winding choppers up.
Sorry, can't agree with that. So what if someone passes you and then can't maintain the speed? Cyclists get enough aggro from motorists without sneering at each other.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Being a nobber doesn't make you superior or give you any moral high ground... You just look like a nobber

Tbf anyone who who had struggled to overtake someone with the strength in those awesome quads and calves of RR would have blown up. :surrender: Especially if they were Japanese tourists. :whistle:

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
A trick a lot of guys play is to overtake somebody and then pretend they cannot keep the speed up, they do this to make older guys feel good. Done it myself on a few occasions with older mates at the club.
Which is fine, until the person being passed hands their backside to them, and leaves them huffing and puffing and disappearing into the background, then they just look like total muppets.

Top Bottom