bib shorts v shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just wondering what the difference between the two. I`ve only worn padded shorts and never felt uncomfortable in them. Has anyone gone from shorts to bib shorts and sworn never to go back again or vice versa?

What are the merits of the bib short?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
No waistband

Lee_M

Guru
I have both, but never wear the shorts now Ive tried the bibs, just more comfortable, with no waistband to dig in

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Started off with shorts, bought a cheap pair of bib shorts from Aldi to try and found them much better - no waistband to cut in for a start. So I now have several pairs of bib shorts - mainly B'twin and a pair from Tenn.
Haven't worn just shorts since. I even wear bibshorts under my MTB shorts rather than the liner shorts that came with them.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
If you are slim then you may not notice much difference, but when you have more than a little flab round your waist the presence of a waistband can be troublesome!
Amen to that.

I'm erm... slightly padded around the middle, and waistbands do strange things. Sometimes they just dig in a little, sometimes they migrate South in an effort to liberate the 8 pack underneath. :blush:

ojoman

Bibs all the way. Got a Gore set, Aldi set and an España kit (from AliExpress) and they're great. All much of a muchness in quality, although the dodgy AliExpress jersey seems a tad short.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Bottoms with a waist tend to get pulled down at the back on a long climb. Bib shorts stay put.

Top Bottom