bib shorts v shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I like shorts cos they make going for a quick slash a bit easier for chaps (I presume same for laydeez too)
I had a conversation with a lady cyclist on this subject quite recently that shocked me greatly.

It's non-bib shorts for me, mainly because that's what I have and they work. With the sort of riding I do, a large element is management of discomfort, and the presence or otherwise of a waistband doesn't really register.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
You are kidding on that one, they are both the same.

Really? With shorts I just pull the waistband down which is way easier than hitching the leg of the shorts up. Not owning bibs, how does it work with them?

Slick

Guru
You just have to stretch them a bit to get your winky out. It's usually shrivelled too, think it's the Lycra reducing blood flow.
I always wondered about that. On arrival at work on a winters morning, I was always grateful that nothing happened requiring a hospital worker to cut me out of my shorts.:shy:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Weeing in bibs is that tiny bit trickier admittedly, but the front of the bib stretches down a surprisingly long way so it's possible. You get used to it quickly.

No idea how snapping off a length works, it's probably a complete disrobe I'd imagine. Or a "Radcliffe" is an option I guess, but only if you've been on the real ale.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I like shorts cos they make going for a quick slash a bit easier for chaps (I presume same for laydeez too)
And if you're happened upon while doing your business, it's a lot easier to get shorts back on in a hurry than it is bib shorts. :tongue:

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
OK, as the OP, there is a lot of useful comment here (even if most of it`s about peeing!).

Luckily I`m a bit of a skinny minny and have never noticed the waistband on my shorts. And when it does eventually get warm enough to wear just a cycle jersey, I always wear a vest underneath. So, doing as Mother taught me, I always tuck the vest into my shorts so it keeps my back warm. I mainly wear a vest tho to stop nipple rub but I guess that`s a whole different topic lol

Top Bottom