BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LiamW

I'll certainly have a look at this when my neo arrives. Looks very impressive.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
@ibooij could I suggest that you put more rides on the website. On the See Rides tab it says there are over 100 rides to choose from but when you go into the menu there are only 10 listed. I think this may be useful to prospective users to give them more of a flavour of whats available and from a more personal point of view I was looking yesterday in work to pick a ride to do that evening, however as I don't have the software installed on my work comp I was hoping to pick one from the website.

ibooij

Über Member
@ibooij could I suggest that you put more rides on the website. On the See Rides tab it says there are over 100 rides to choose from but when you go into the menu there are only 10 listed. I think this may be useful to prospective users to give them more of a flavour of whats available and from a more personal point of view I was looking yesterday in work to pick a ride to do that evening, however as I don't have the software installed on my work comp I was hoping to pick one from the website.

The interface is not really intuitive, but all rides can be viewed on the website. There's a dropdown to show 100 rides (instead of 10) to the top left of the list. Also, you can use the search panel on the left to narrow down results. We'll improve this screen to be more intuitive.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
The interface is not really intuitive, but all rides can be viewed on the website. There's a dropdown to show 100 rides (instead of 10) to the top left of the list. Also, you can use the search panel on the left to narrow down results. We'll improve this screen to be more intuitive.
Hi @ibooij thanks for the reply, this is a screen shot of the page, you need to click show rides in the left hand box, when you have used the dropdown it doesn't automatically update.

upload_2017-5-9_11-42-4.png

@MasterDabber That seems doable. We should be able to put "laps" in the TCX file. That TCX file is also what gets uploaded to Strava. For lap functionality, it might be good to use a key that's easily reached, like the space bar, right?
Ilja.... I can't believe you implemented the Lap feature so quickly. Many thanks. I used on my ride today "Passo Stelvio from Prato" (what a great climb) and it worked perfectly. Again, thanks for being so responsive. It's very refreshing.

ibooij

Über Member
@Mugshot : you're right, you first have to click *Show rides*. This will be improved. Thanks!

@MasterDabber : implementing this for export (TCX & Strava) was quite easy. It will be a little tougher (but certainly doable) to show it in the ride interface. I thought that adding it like this made sense and it's nice to be able to improve BigRingVR in small steps. Glad you like it, thanks for the compliment!

@Mugshot : you're right, you first have to click *Show rides*. This will be improved. Thanks!

@MasterDabber : implementing this for export (TCX & Strava) was quite easy. It will be a little tougher (but certainly doable) to show it in the ride interface. I thought that adding it like this made sense and it's nice to be able to improve BigRingVR in small steps. Glad you like it, thanks for the compliment!
@ibooij Doing it the way you have works perfectly for me personally. As I said previously, I really just wanted to see my numbers on the main climb of the big climbs and not just data for the whole ride if there is a significant downhill section. I hadn't really thought about seeing the Lap data incorporated into the ride interface. I guess the challenge here would be to not clutter the interface too much and make it hard to read.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
This may have been covered previously, how is the ride time on the website estimated?

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Another 7km of Pikes Peak done :sweat::B):boxing::B):sweat:. I've gotta lose weight, I don't want to just lower my weight in software, that's cheating imo :whistle:. Looking like an all up time of around 4 and 1/2 hours for the 29kms of the course :blink:. I stopped right in the middle of the steepest section @about 17km. I'll have another go from there tomorrow I think. :surrender:

Edit to add.

Please, Please, Please, Pleeease do not remove, ever, the ability to section the rides. That, to me, is the best part of this sw. There is no way I, currently, will be able to complete many of these rides in one lump. To be able to attempt sections at a time is great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom