BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LiamW

Got a blast on GeorgeTown last night. Cut back on the smart trainer resistance (65%) and was spinning along at a 75rpm average. Managed to do 59.40 and still managed a decent sweat from it as well. Will try a few harder climbs tomorrow night and might dial the resistance down again just to see what the difference is.

One other thing though..

I have the Neo and no matter what I do I can't the gears to index properly. The chain alignment actually looks off and it's making an awful racket in certain gears. I had to get off a few time to try and adjust them but no joy.

Anyone else with the Neo experienced this?

bobinski

Legendary Member
Got a blast on GeorgeTown last night. Cut back on the smart trainer resistance (65%) and was spinning along at a 75rpm average. Managed to do 59.40 and still managed a decent sweat from it as well. Will try a few harder climbs tomorrow night and might dial the resistance down again just to see what the difference is.

One other thing though..

I have the Neo and no matter what I do I can't the gears to index properly. The chain alignment actually looks off and it's making an awful racket in certain gears. I had to get off a few time to try and adjust them but no joy.

Happened once to me when i had not properly set wheel in the axle. I loosened axle/qr and then resat wheel spun it a few times to make sure ok and then re tightened. May be worth a try.

Breedon

Legendary Member

One other thing though..

Have you used the spacers happened to me once I used the wrong spacer took of cassette and used a different thickness works a treat now

LiamW

Have you used the spacers happened to me once I used the wrong spacer took of cassette and used a different thickness works a treat now

I'm running Shimano 11 speed. I didn't think you needed spacers with that set up.

EDIT: Thanks for the replies ---- Just found out that you can put two small washers in behind the hub body & on the axle that should help any shifting issues. That's what the 2 small washers were in the pack then. LOL

Last edited:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
That's another 6k of Pikes Peak done :bicycle: :sweat: :boxing::B) :surrender:. Only 6 more to go :blink:.

You start riding these hills and suddenly you just get into rhythm that just allows you to keep going. I almost bailed after 10 minutes but kept going and then found my zone. Limited myself to just over an hours climbing. Should be able to finish this this week :wahhey:.

Last edited:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Don't know if there has been a general announcement or if it's only been on Strava but the new version is available,

Vlad Naoukin (BigRingVR.com)

29 minutes ago
New version (3.0.0.1) is released.

Auto-update is disabled for this release due to changes in server configuration, so it has to be downloaded directly, sorry for inconvenience:

http://bigringvr.com/Download_br.aspx

Changelog:
# 3.0.0.1

- Search and sort rides functionality is fully functional.
- Additional ride metrics added in ride display.
- Minimum rider/bike weight set to 45kg/6kg.
- Max Pwr/Hr/Cad, elevation gain and user weight is recorded when activity is saved
- Move "buffer low" message to bottom of screen.

Cheers !

theboxers

Well that's Pikes Peak completed :bicycle::sweat: :wahhey:..

Strange issue though. It felt like there was no resistance. Only me cranking the roller round. The 3 previous sections I have done had me trundling at about 8-9kph by my garmin but down to 5-6kmh on BRVR, exactly as I would expect. Giving me 200 or so bkool watts.

Tonight I've been doing 35-40kmh on the garmin but only 4-5kmh on BRVR. Something is not quite right. Power was way down.

What I was expecting to do in 45-50 minutes took over an hour. It could be that bkool had not properly released the trainer after my warm up and so BRVR could not control it correctly.

I'll give it another go over the weekend to see if I can get it running correctly. :eek:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Well that's Pikes Peak completed :bicycle::sweat: :wahhey:..

Strange issue though. It felt like there was no resistance. Only me cranking the roller round. The 3 previous sections I have done had me trundling at about 8-9kph by my garmin but down to 5-6kmh on BRVR, exactly as I would expect. Giving me 200 or so bkool watts.

Tonight I've been doing 35-40kmh on the garmin but only 4-5kmh on BRVR. Something is not quite right. Power was way down.

What I was expecting to do in 45-50 minutes took over an hour. It could be that bkool had not properly released the trainer after my warm up and so BRVR could not control it correctly.

I'll give it another go over the weekend to see if I can get it running correctly. :eek:
I've had a couple of occasions where the trainer has not been reacting to the gradients, I've quit out of BRVR, restarted the ride and everything has been fine and dandy again.

theboxers

I've had a couple of occasions where the trainer has not been reacting to the gradients, I've quit out of BRVR, restarted the ride and everything has been fine and dandy again.
I would have done the same but the section I started at was about 23k in and comparatively flat so I missed the lack of resistance for the first couple of k. By then I just wanted to get it done.

I'll give it another go, probably Sunday.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I would have done the same but the section I started at was about 23k in and comparatively flat so I missed the lack of resistance for the first couple of k. By then I just wanted to get it done.

I'll give it another go, probably Sunday.
Ah yes, fair comment, I've had it where my broadband has gone a bit dicky and the video has stopped playing while it tries to buffer, but I'm buggered if I'm going to quit out after several miles and numerous pints of sweat to mess about with things, just keep going :bicycle: :okay:

theboxers

Have BRVR added new rides recently? I recall there being 131, it is now showing 138. Is it possible to highlight the newer rides. On the website and/or simulator or add a sort function by added date :thumbsup:

I know there are a few rides that people are waiting for, Ventoux being one. I'd hate to miss the intro of new rides as the list continues to grow :thumbsup: (even though I currently have to break them into bite size chunks :blush:).

theboxers

Well that didn't go well :huh: . I wanted to have another go at my last section of Pikes Peak. I did a warm-up on the downhill section of Deer Creek then jumped over to the Pikes Peak ride. Oh dear!

I think I left my legs on the bkool chaingang ride yesterday. I could not get a rhythm or a good cadence. I could only turn over 60 or below. I decided to bail very quickly, it was not going to happen today. :cry:

I'll have another go tomorrow I think :unsure:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Have BRVR added new rides recently? I recall there being 131, it is now showing 138. Is it possible to highlight the newer rides. On the website and/or simulator or add a sort function by added date :thumbsup:

I know there are a few rides that people are waiting for, Ventoux being one. I'd hate to miss the intro of new rides as the list continues to grow :thumbsup: (even though I currently have to break them into bite size chunks :blush:).
I know what you mean, but I worry I'm being greedy or too demanding. I'd like to have a little marker of some sort next to the rides I've already done also I'm enjoying the narrow, winding, hanging off the edge of a cliff rides so I'd like to have a function to search for similar rides too. Perhaps while we're at it I could have the moon on a stick :okay:

ibooij

Über Member
We're working on showing which rides are new and sorting by release date and showing the rides you've already done so it'll be easier to pick new ones.

As for the problems with the trainer not giving "feedback": With what kinds of trainers (make & model) are you experiencing this?

@theboxers I can recommend the Piccolo San Bernardo, a very beautiful ride in the Alps.

Top Bottom