BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
As for the problems with the trainer not giving "feedback": With what kinds of trainers (make & model) are you experiencing this?
Mine's a BKool Pro, I think it's happened twice, possibly three times and it's immediately evident when starting the ride, it's not a case of the signal being lost mid-ride. Closing then reopening the app has sorted it each time.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I think my issue with resistance was a operating system one. I came off of a bsim session and closed it down. Then I jumped onto BRVR where the resistance did not pick up (I had no issue with my second attempt last night, I did open, then close, then re-open BRVR though). I think bsim or win 10 did not release the ant+ control properly which resulted in the speed/power being picked up from my Bkool classic, but the resistance control was not done. Still now I know what happens I will be on the look out for it in future.

I'll give Piccolo San Bernardo a go at the weekend :okay:

theboxers

Thats the first 10k of Piccolo San Bernardo done. Just under the hour, so not too bad for me :mrpig:. The remaining 12k is not going to be as quick, more yellow to red than green to yellow of the first 10k, probably 1hr20 to 1hr40 :eek:.

Sunday looks good for that attempt I think :unsure:.

Last edited:

ibooij

Über Member
@Milkfloat Sorry, we don't have an iOS (or Android) version planned at the moment. It is something we'd like to do, but we don't have the development resources to do it at the moment or the coming months.

theboxers

I tried to do the remaining 12km of Piccolo San Bernardo tonight. Tooooooo warm. I could only do 6km and that took 45 minutes :eek:. Although it was in the ball park of where I expected to be, but I was down on power tonight. Another 6 or so to do to finish.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I tried to do the remaining 12km of Piccolo San Bernardo tonight. Tooooooo warm. I could only do 6km and that took 45 minutes :eek:. Although it was in the ball park of where I expected to be, but I was down on power tonight. Another 6 or so to do to finish.
Keep going mate :okay::bicycle:

LiamW

How are you able to do sections at a time?

I see the sections on the screen but I can't seem to be able to pick and choose which one I want to do!

ibooij

Über Member
@LiamW you can create your own sections (we call them courses). Pick a ride and press "Create new course" on the right side of the screen. Pick a start distance, end distance and give the course a name. Once saved, you can pick the course from the list and the ride will start at the beginning of the course.

LiamW

@LiamW you can create your own sections (we call them courses). Pick a ride and press "Create new course" on the right side of the screen. Pick a start distance, end distance and give the course a name. Once saved, you can pick the course from the list and the ride will start at the beginning of the course.

Thanks mate

LiamW

Is there any way of downloading the videos?

Reason I ask is that the last few times I've tried to ride Alp D'Heuz it has buffered badly and stuck on me.

Currently on Virgin media with a 50mb line, recently got a new laptop as my old one could run the programme.

I have the ant+ dongle and an extension lead, but I've only ever managed to finish one video and that was Georgetown 6/7 weeks ago.

Last edited:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Is there any way of downloading the videos?

Reason I ask is that the last few times I've tried to ride Alp D'Heuz it has buffered badly and stuck on me.

Currently on Virgin media with a 50mb line, recently got a new laptop as my old one could run the programme.

I have the ant+ dongle and an extension lead, but I've only ever managed to finish one video and that was Georgetown 6/7 weeks ago.
So far as I'm aware there's no way at the moment, however, try setting the video to lower def, that sorted buffering problems for me.

LiamW

So far as I'm aware there's no way at the moment, however, try setting the video to lower def, that sorted buffering problems for me.
I have it in standard definition atm the minute but no joy. Was 3 miles up Alp D'Heuz when it stopped, that near killed me to get to that point as well so I was well cheesed off. :smile:

DavyDepuydt

This software looks amazing, great quality of the video's, great how the gradient changes on the trainer. The only climb I'm missing that I really want to do is the Mont Ventoux. I hope it comes available this year :smile:

Top Bottom