BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
We're aiming at having the Ventoux and some other rides in that area next year.

Excellent, I can then relive the struggle:wacko: :okay:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
You lot are such a bad influence ... Or I'm easily led :biggrin:

So I've signed up to the beta test and looking forward to riding something tonight. Some classic routes and climbs on there.

Personally can I put a shout out for some rides in Mallorca, mainly because I'm out there with the club in May and want to know what I'm letting myself in for :biggrin:.

Andraxt to Port Pollenca Via Sa Batallia, Soller Valedemossa, Puig Major and sa calobra would do for a start a mere 106 miles with 15000 feet of ascent!!

Three Monasteries ride, including San Sebastio, another more 100 Miles, but only 8500ft ascent.

Pollenca to Cap Formentor and back . . . the long way ... I followed the Swiss national squad up this one . . . I kept getting dropped ... and I was in a car!!

Col de Femenia from Pollenca is a nice short ish ride as well

https://www.tramuntanacycling.com/en/climbs-routes/routes

MichaelO

Veteran
Personally can I put a shout out for some rides in Mallorca, mainly because I'm out there with the club in May and want to know what I'm letting myself in for :biggrin:.
Just got back on Monday after a long weekend there. You won't be disappointed!!

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
My first time cycling, The Coasters have gone every year for the last few years, I've got a lot of catching up to do. I've just got to remind myself that I can't do it all in the 9 days we are there, and I'll need to leave something to do for the next time ... Alternatively I need to develop the physique of Big Mig in the next 6 months!! :biggrin: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Breedon

Legendary Member
@berty bassett @Breedon
This is on our list of rides for Day 2 of the trip
I'll give it a go at the weekend :okay:

kipster

Guru
You lot are such a bad influence ... Or I'm easily led :biggrin:

So I've signed up to the beta test and looking forward to riding something tonight. Some classic routes and climbs on there.

Andraxt to Port Pollenca Via Sa Batallia, Soller Valedemossa, Puig Major and sa calobra would do for a start a mere 106 miles with 15000 feet of ascent!!

Three Monasteries ride, including San Sebastio, another more 100 Miles, but only 8500ft ascent.

Pollenca to Cap Formentor and back . . . the long way ... I followed the Swiss national squad up this one . . . I kept getting dropped ... and I was in a car!!

Col de Femenia from Pollenca is a nice short ish ride as well

https://www.tramuntanacycling.com/en/climbs-routes/routes

Pollenca to Cap Formentor and back, is an easy ride, nothing too testing, and you get to pet some goats at the lighthouse!

I didn't do the ride from Andraxt across all the mountains, so missed out Puig Major, but it's on the to do list for next year. We don't do it with Sa Calobra as we go in march and the light fades, it's a long day up a lot of hills! I skipped out and rode the flat bit back from just before Soller.

Sa Calobra itself is a nice climb, nice and steady gradient all the way, it took me 49 minutes (strava segment).

Three monasteries is another I haven't done completely but from memory of the route it's flat except for the three hills!

The roads over there are smooth, which makes for great riding, the smoothness takes the edge of the gradients. I'm back there in March next year can't wait.

We do 5 days, and ride every day, that takes it's toll in the saddle area! Get some multi day rides into your training schedule.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
had a go at the Peyresourde ride tonight after a day concreting and footings
faded in the middle part
good video but glad the sun wasnt really beating down on me
got blown away by one of the ghosts - he really had the wind behind him
good luck to the others doing it
and cant wait till next year !

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
had a go at the Peyresourde ride tonight after a day concreting and footings
faded in the middle part
good video but glad the sun wasnt really beating down on me
got blown away by one of the ghosts - he really had the wind behind him
good luck to the others doing it
and cant wait till next year !
Tried it myself yesterday, back to back with the Col du Glandon and Col de la Croix de Fer. Looks like you beat me by 20 seconds (?).
I'm getting to be quite a fan of BigRingVR, been attempting all the French rides (more or less in order of difficulty) since I "discovered" BigRingVR back end of August, only 5 more to go then it's random selection.

Regards

Dave

Last edited:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Tried it myself yesterday, back to back with the Col du Glandon and Col de la Croix de Fer. Looks like you beat me by 20 seconds (?).
I'm getting to be quite a fan of BigRingVR, been attempting all the French rides (more or less in order of difficulty) since I "discovered" BigRingVR back end of August, only 5 more to go then it's random selection.

Regards

Dave
:wahhey: :biggrin: just to cover myself on your next attempt - its not a race you know !

are you listening Dean

Top Bottom