BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
:wahhey: :biggrin: just to cover myself on your next attempt - its not a race you know !

You'd think the older you get the wiser you get, but that seems to go out of the window when you get on a bike. The rider in front is not a fellow, like minded soul but The Enemy, a Target, someone to beat at all costs:evil:. In other words just your usual everyday ride out. Can we get counselling for this condition.
I decided not to ride against Ghosts on BRVR for that very reason :angel:, but I still note the average speed of the riders I'd like to beat.:banghead:

Regards

Dave

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I can easily see BigRingVR taking over from BKool for simulated rides for me. I want to try a local ride that I've already put up on BKool, just for a comparison. Personally I think it's going to be a no brainer. I will just use a 1TB External USB drive to store the rides and BigRingVR and ride data.

It just works.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I enjoy these BRVR rides because I know I can finish the section I did not complete without doing the section I have already done (a big step up from bkool) on any ride. The more rides that are added the more I am tempted to do
Tomorrow is going to be the 60 odd km Bergen ride. I will finish it no matter how long it takes :bicycle:, I have the time to do it . But the long, better known climbs, I will section beacuse I am unable to finish them in one session, during the weekdays.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Hi Folks,
Just noticed that BRVR have just released a new ride in France. It's a tad over 20km but a nice rolling stage with nothing over 2% (but don't quote me on that as I was admiring the scenery) And at long last I've made it in to the top 3, shame only two riders have tried it so far.

I usually download rides before riding but this time I decided to stream instead. Once the buffer had filled (matter of seconds) I didn't notice any screen freeze or other problems.

Might be worth a go as a warm up or nice spin down as the ride can easily be edited down to suit.

Regards

Dave

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Riding that one tonight Dave, was planning on it being a bit of a recovery ride, following battling headwinds on Sunday, although knowing me testosterone will take over and I'll go balls out as usual :biggrin:

theboxers

I tried the Bergen route Sunday. Oh wow sore legs and I didn't even finish it :cry:. The first 6k killed my legs so I ended up stopping @ 30km, just short of the next group of climbs. I'll be doing that next weekend.

I think I need to put bigger cog on the back. I just can't get the legs to spin with the gearing I currently have. :boxing::B)

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Riding that one tonight Dave, was planning on it being a bit of a recovery ride, following battling headwinds on Sunday, although knowing me testosterone will take over and I'll go balls out as usual :biggrin:
Hi @Aleman just noticed the post. Been on another French climb (only two more to go) and not long finished. Hope you enjoy the spin down. Checked the profile again and there's nothing over 3% not the 2% I'd assumed earlier. As for balls out, is there any other way to ride?:giggle:

Regards

Dave

Breedon

Legendary Member
I tried the Bergen route Sunday. Oh wow sore legs and I didn't even finish it :cry:. The first 6k killed my legs so I ended up stopping @ 30km, just short of the next group of climbs. I'll be doing that next weekend.

I think I need to put bigger cog on the back. I just can't get the legs to spin with the gearing I currently have. :boxing::B)
What gearing are you using TB im running 34/50 front 32/11 rear ideal for the turbo and hilly rides

theboxers

What gearing are you using TB im running 34/50 front 32/11 rear ideal for the turbo and hilly rides
Yeah about that :blush:. @ my weight (waaaaay too much @ 127kg last time I weighed myself) on a bkool or probably any trainer I'd be having a resistance set about double almost anybody else, or maybe another 2/3rds. The resistance on my classic seems to max out @ 6% for me. I can put out 210-220w @ about 70 cadence on a 36 front / 36 rear going up anything over 6% (that's on BRVR using a power meter and edge 1k to record it). I just don't have the power to spin those gears on my main trainer bike. When the second bike with a triple is put on I can spin for longer on the 26 front put out similar power @85 cadence, usually @ a slightly lower speed. The heart rate is higher but the legs don't hurt as much.

I've got options with regard to gearing, I just haven't fitted them yet. What do they say about cyclists and suffering :whistle:. I could adjust my weight in the various software sims I use but that would give me a false sense of ability when doing my rare irl rides :bicycle::blink::B).

I'm shrinking just not as quick as I'd like. :angry:

Top Bottom