BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
It'll get easier boxers keep at it
You should have seen me when I started 3yrs ago. I was told by bkools software to seek medical advice when I entered my weight trying to setup a weight loss plan :eek:. My first ride lasted 22 minutes @95w on a 45 cadence going up a 0.5% slope :blush:, nearly xx( after I stopped. Now I'm doing 3-4 hr trainer sessions at weekends. If it wasn't for finding the bunch of nutcases here, from a comment on dcrainmaker, I may well have given up :hello:.

I am slowly getting better, it's just taking so long :cursing:.

Last edited:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
You should have seen me when I started 3yrs ago. I was told by bkools software to seek medical advice when I entered my weight trying to setup a weight loss plan :eek:. My first ride lasted 22 minutes @95w on a 45 cadence going up a 0.5% slope :blush:, nearly xx( after I stopped. Now I'm doing 3-4 hr trainer sessions at weekends. If it wasn't for finding the bunch of nutcases here, from a comment on dcrainmaker, I may well have given up :hello:.

I am slowly getting better, it's just taking so long :cursing:.
WHO YOU CALLING A NUTCASE :crazy:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Crikey! I still need to loose weight, although I have lost 11Kg in the 2 years since I started riding, Ideally I'd like to lose another 6Kg, but that will still leave me 9Kg over my 'stripped' weight of 30 years ago. I just like junk food too much, and have little will power, so I've been stuck at my current weight for 6 months, but the waistline is slooooowwwwwwwwly coming down so hopefully it's fat turning to muscle. Keep at it everyone.

theboxers

That is currently my issue, changing shape again and not really losing weight. The waistline is shrinking but very slowly. I've dropped about 15 kilos so far. Only another 25 to go until I can get below 3 figures. Onwards and downwards as they say.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Did two of the Norway rides last night, Nesbyen to Gol and Sognefjellet Roller Coaster. I thought both of them were excellent. For various reasons I haven't been able to get the miles in on the road or the trainer for a while so these two easier rides were a great way to get back on the saddle and blow some cobwebs off rather than trying to grind up a mountain somewhere getting thoroughly disheartened about how crap I am. Well done the BigRing team :okay:

CXRAndy

Guru
I just like junk food too much, and have little will power, so I've been stuck at my current weight for 6 months, but the waistline is slooooowwwwwwwwly coming down so hopefully it's fat turning to muscle.

Common misconception, burn fat, build/grow muscle.
Each pound of human body fat contains ~ 3500 calories. So to drop the recommended 2lb a week, requires to calorie reduce 1000 Cals per day. That is why it takes so long to lose weight in a controlled manner. Also nearer the target weight the body is adapting and weight loss becomes more difficult. One word - perseverance. I haven't much of that really :sad:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
You'll love Bergen!! :biggrin:
That's the only Norwegian one I haven't done yet, really enjoyed them so far though so I'm sure Bergen will be no different.

theboxers

That's the only Norwegian one I haven't done yet, really enjoyed them so far though so I'm sure Bergen will be no different.
Erm. No. I got my arse handed to me on the first 6k of that one and I did a warm up in bkool's velodrome :eek:. Due to my not so light weight the first 6k section took me 50 minutes. By the time I got to the second climbing section my legs had more or less seized up :surrender:. I will be going back for another go at the full route, but not until I've done the second half of the route, I need to know roughly how long the whole route will take me. Probably 3 hours :cry:.

I do really enjoy the BRVR routes and videos though. Gives me something to aim at :thumbsup:.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Erm. No. I got my arse handed to me on the first 6k of that one and I did a warm up in bkool's velodrome :eek:. Due to my not so light weight the first 6k section took me 50 minutes. By the time I got to the second climbing section my legs had more or less seized up :surrender:. I will be going back for another go at the full route, but not until I've done the second half of the route, I need to know roughly how long the whole route will take me. Probably 3 hours :cry:.

I do really enjoy the BRVR routes and videos though. Gives me something to aim at :thumbsup:.
You've thrown down the gauntlet there @theboxers :whistle:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
No gauntlet intended :whistle:, but I will be doing the last 38k of the Bergen route today/tonight. About 2 hours total of turboing with a warm up and down. :eek:
It is a long one, so that'll be a Sunday afternoon jobby for me, I will be sure to report back with my findings :smile:

theboxers

:cursing: Just finished a planned bkool session (fat burning weight loss) and was about to start the remainder of the Bergen route when I got a call. Bergen now on hold until tomorrow :banghead:. Not even got time for a proper cool down on one of the descents,:cry:.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I'm going to do the Bergen route again, this time I'm not going to hold it down to Zone 3 ... I reckon I'll blow up after about 4K :sad:

Top Bottom