BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
@theboxers I just realised that I hadn't replied to your Trollstigen request yet. Unfortunately we weren't able to film that. It's certainly on the wishlist, but so are countless other rides.. ;-)
Choices, choices :smile:. I have enjoyed those I have done, even the ones I was unable to complete in one sitting :sad:.

theboxers

Another one bites the dust :wahhey:

Coll dOrdino

I've just fitted a 11-42 cassette and a Roadlink. I can now spin 80+ cadence. So the shorter rides are now in my sights for 1 session completions.

theboxers

I'd never heard of a Roadlink so had to look it up, seems like a neat idea, but it says it it'll go up to 40t, was it ok with the 42t?
So far, yes, no issues. I think it depends on what you are looking for. For me a way to get a low enough gear to spin up hills, but retain the big gears for the downhill without spinning out too early.

On the turbo I've had no issues aside from the expected spacer for an mtb cassette on a road wheel. I have not used it irl yet.

Here's where I posted about the change

Team BKool CycleChat

There are several follow up posts as well

Last edited:

theboxers

Glad it work well @theboxers, it has made a huge difference for my climbing ability on multi hour climbs multi day tours. I don't destroy my legs for the next day:okay:
I found that I could not recover on a climb because I could not drop the cadence for a short period just to lessen the load, I was already in my lowest gear and grinding :cry:. Now I can do so. Go up a gear and drop the cadence, but still maintain the speed, but have the heart rate slow a little. The only down side is the stress placed on the legs muscles makes them hurt more. So I then drop a gear, up the cadence and suddenly I feel good. I now have options of how I ride a hill. :thumbsup:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
I'll post a link to my ride shortly

Edit :-

Here is the ride imported to Bkool
http://www.bkool.com/bkoolSessionHistory/showSessionSummary/5322308
79/80 cadence while climbing, about 12 more than previously.
Nice one.

BRVR have released a new version and includes a "Pacer". I could have done with that when I tried the Valle Dei Forni (Italy) earlier today.

Regards

Dave

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Several new features (plus fixes) announced... https://bigringvr.com/news.aspx
Good isn't it. BRVR feedback is good as well. Just fired off an email to them and got a reply with the fix within about 5 minutes, you can't fault that.
What would be good would be a few "nice" rides over here in the UK. I must admit it would make a change to ride on the proper side of the road for once.:laugh: (I was going to write "the right side of the road" but that would mean the left so I decided not to as that would be confusing:wacko:)

Just for fun if UK rides were included I would nominate Stanhope to Middleton in Teesdale. A 20km ride over the Dales with stunning views and some challenging short sharp ramps up to 18%. Obviously would need to be filmed on a sunny summers day.

What ride would other forum members like to see as part of your wish list or think others would like?

Regards

Dave

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I have several,

Hartside Pass
Great Dunn Fell
Trough Of Bowland (Both Ways)
Cross Of Greet (Lythe Fell) Slaidburn to Bentham and the reverse
Bowland Knott
Harris End, Three Steps, Oakenclough, and Delph Lane
Jubilee Tower from Abbeystead

I have loaded a few of these into BKool, but the good thing for me is that I can ride them using the 'Local' option in BRVR, and the BRVR doesn't screw up the gradients, like the totally crap BKool Video 'Editor'

Top Bottom