BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Good thing about direct drive is your able to stand up and relive the quads so giving them a short break.
Unfortunately that's not my main issue. I can stand on the pedals, but my arms are unable to support me for amount of time needed to make using the technique a regular thing. Again the triple digit metric weight is the main impediment. But I am working on that problem :mrpig:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Unfortunately that's not my main issue. I can stand on the pedals, but my arms are unable to support me for amount of time needed to make using the technique a regular thing. Again the triple digit metric weight is the main impediment. But I am working on that problem :mrpig:
Good for you @theboxers keep doing what you're doing :okay:

theboxers

@theboxers I wonder if you Magnolia will be "enjoyable". The first part is really steep.
Erm :headshake: that was not that much fun . I just could not maintain a good spin today :bicycle:. Watching your speed being dragged down to 2.5 kmh, at points :blink:, does take the wind out of your lungs. You get respite every couple of kilometers or so, but it is never quite enough :sweat:.

I can't imagine doing that one in real life, as the foot of the climb is at about 2000m altitude. I like my oxygen in large quantities :-)
Oh I could do that irl. But I'd be on a motorbike :ph34r:.

Edit to add.

Looks like it's Flagstaff up next. :bicycle:

Last edited:

theboxers

In the words of the great Magnus Magnusson "I've Started so I'll finish".

There are so many good rides to be done I couldn't decide which to do, so I'm working my way up the list. This way I'll be able to complete most of the shorter rides in one and may even be able to do some of the longer rides in one, as I will have built up my stamina on the earlier rides. I am beginning to learn how to suffer :bicycle::blink::cry::surrender:

Breedon

Legendary Member
In the words of the great Magnus Magnusson "I've Started so I'll finish".

There are so many good rides to be done I couldn't decide which to do, so I'm working my way up the list. This way I'll be able to complete most of the shorter rides in one and may even be able to do some of the longer rides in one, as I will have built up my stamina on the earlier rides. I am beginning to learn how to suffer :bicycle::blink::cry::surrender:
Just embrace the burn like a warm fluffy duvet on a cold winter's morning

wimmie

Regular
Just finish the climb of Timmelsjoch austria as first time use of this app.
Pretty smooth and good quality of the video.
Had the idea the resistance reacted a bit different on the bkool pro as in the bkool app.
But it was a good run :smile:

CXRAndy

Guru
Boxers, to aid weight loss, try and keep a high cadence as much as possible to elevate heart rate instead of powering up hills.

If you can reduce carbs a little and eat more protein.

Break your 3 meals into 5 meals throughout the day. As they say 'Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Lord and Tea like a pauper'

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
It was hard to decide, they were all great rides but I opted for Port de Bales... not sure if the side this BRVR one goes up is the infamous "Chaingate" side.
Looking at the stage profile from the 2010 Tour it looks like the BRVR ride goes up from the opposite side. The stage finished in Bagnères-de-Luchon according to the Le Tour website, but no doubt others could confirm if my assumption is correct. Hadn't realised that Port de Bales was the Chaingate climb till you mentioned it though, good spot.

Top Bottom