Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
But I did them this morning....
Daughter had me down stairs at 6.30am
Logged on to PC and it let me approve now. Wouldn't let me earlier via my phone. Approved @Daddy Pig , @AAAC 76C , @Jim Brown, @Soarerv8 and @Dave :okay: Not sure what this will mean for the league, but it's in there now for BKool to process (give it about 4 weeks eh? :wacko: )

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Unfortunately not able to finish CG, went to doctor's surgery Friday morning, admitted to hospital Friday night (no flowers plse ;) ) something about blocked bile duct, c'est la vie
Sounds awful - hope you're better soon and back in the saddle! :okay:

Last edited:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Here is the current standings for the top
2017-10-29 13.10.43.jpg

Soarerv8

Über Member
Well the short uphill bits in the ride yesterday really showed me how out of training I am. Have done a reasonable amount of riding this year but nearly all of it has been ambling around with the kids averaging about 10 mph and avoiding hills.

Going to do an FTP test which I guess will give me a picture of how awful it is. Good thing is that I can only get fitter (or deader)

theboxers

Needed to add a spacer before the cassette to get the alignment correct. Full ride to follow on BRVR.

theboxers

Doh!!!! :banghead:

After the install I did a quick spin on the bike/trainer. Drive train sounds a bit noisier than it did on the old bits :wacko:. I get off and check what I've done and find that I misthreaded the chain thru the rear deraileur :cursing:. All quiet now threaded correctly. Live and bang your head on the wall :laugh:

Last edited:

theboxers

Does the B screw adjust ok?
There is adjustment in the b screw and also the roadlink can be moved if required. I haven't moved it yet as it appears to be shifting ok on the work stand and on the quick spin on the trainer. I'll be jumping onto to some sessions shortly including about an hour on BRVR on one of the shorter climbs.

I do have a XT 11-46 and a second Roadlink waiting to try out. I'll stack the Roadlinks to accomodate the serving platter of the 46 :mrpig:

Last edited:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I'll stack the Roadlinks to accomodate the serving platter of the 46 :mrpig:

You will probably loose some of the crispness in shifting if the top derailleur pivot start getting too far away from the smaller sprockets.
The idea is that the geometry of the parallelogram follows the change in sprocket radius as it swings in hence road rear mechs having smaller capacities than mountain bike rear mechs.
I am assuming you have a 105 mech on the back looking at the decal.

Top Bottom