BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ibooij

Über Member
@Srinivasa the CPU is an i7, but what graphics card do you use?

We're investigating how can use the hardware video decoding functionality of different CPUs better, so video decoding will be faster. The trouble is that that hardware support differs throughout the CPU releases. We already support high quality hardware decoding on modern NVidia cards, not on Intel yet, so you'll see issues on Intel integrated video hardware earlier. However, we always try to adapt the video to work well on that hardware as well, by "playing" with decoder bit rates, frames rates etc.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
How? No. WHY did I decide to do Palmer Lake? :blink: :unsure: :banghead:

:bicycle::boxing: :B) :surrender:. About 8k from the end my legs just went no more. The bad bit is that it is the steepest section of the whole 83km, going on for about 6k. I also started getting an issue with the ball of my right foot.

New shoes have been ordered, shimano rp3's, I'm hoping it is just an insole issue and I can order some at a later date and have the r088's as spare/back ups.

Still a nice ride to do.

One slight issue, I had my first video buffer warning. About 2h11 into the ride for about 10-15 seconds. No more warnings after that.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

:bicycle::boxing: :B) :surrender:. About 8k from the end my legs just went no more. The bad bit is that it is the steepest section of the whole 83km, going on for about 6k. I also started getting an issue with the ball of my right foot.

New shoes have been ordered, shimano rp3's, I'm hoping it is just an insole issue and I can order some at a later date and have the r088's as spare/back ups.

Still a nice ride to do.

One slight issue, I had my first video buffer warning. About 2h11 into the ride for about 10-15 seconds. No more warnings after that.
:notworthy: Great effort TB

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it

Still a nice ride to do.
Yeah, it's a nice ride, but some tough bits, for something that is 'flat' compared to a lot of the rest of the rides.

I did an IRL ride today, 67 Miles, on my commuting 'Tank' legs gave up about 10 miles from the end, was just dropping down the gears to keep the legs turning :sad:

Putting it down to dehydration and a lack of food. ...

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Yeah, it's a nice ride, but some tough bits, for something that is 'flat' compared to a lot of the rest of the rides.
I was trundling or so I thought. I didn't realise how much of it was 'up' as such. I knew the front half was, but the back half has a lot of 2-300mtr >4% climbs that sting the legs.
I did an IRL ride today, 67 Miles, on my commuting 'Tank' legs gave up about 10 miles from the end, was just dropping down the gears to keep the legs turning :sad:

Putting it down to dehydration and a lack of food. ...
I can't have that excuse. Plenty of fluids and food available I just may not have had enough.

Platte River next weekend? :unsure:

Goldwolfie

Veteran

Still a nice ride to do.

By that's some going TB - well done. I think the longest I've managed on the turbo in one session is 90 minutes.

I think I'll be leaving that one for now, and build up to it with some of the shorter rides

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
So.... it looks like I’m in business! @ibooij I’ve sent you an email but I just thought I’d post up here as well to thank you for your effort so fix my issues to quickly. It seems like my atom now works perfectly in bigringvr. I’m not sure whether that’s a good thing or not yet because I’m sure it’s going to hurt a bit more from now on :B)^_^.

Should we start up a goats league on bigringvr? Everyone welcome to join of course. It could be fun if we had a spread sheet with times on it. Nothing too serious.

Last edited:

Breedon

Legendary Member
I'll be up for that Tommy

Breedon

Legendary Member
Brilliant. I’m thinking whatever other riding or training plans we do between now and the summer. If we do one climb every week it should be excellent conditioning.
1 a week is a good idea any more then it can get a bit difficult time wise, are we going to have an epic such as long and hard or keep it simple with similar length rides

Top Bottom