BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ibooij

Über Member
Hi guys. So I finally signed up this morning... couple of problems, hopefully just user error on my part.

1. I’m using a wattbike atom. I know the guys at bigringvr haven’t tested the system on an atom so I’m hoping this isn’t going to be unfixable. But the resistance isn’t changing with the gradient so essentially I’m in erg mode. I.e resistance changes depend on gear ratio rather than change in slope. I’ve put my correct weight in (although I kept bikecweight at the default 10kg). I’ve made sure difficulty is set to 100%. The software recognised that I’m on an atom for power, but doesn’t recognise it as a cadence or speed sensor (don’t know if this is relevant). I tried restarting the bigringvr software as well as switching he atom off and on again. Is there something else I should try?

You shouldn't have to pair your atom as a cadence or speed sensor, but it should be paired as a smart trainer. Was that the case?
The best way to troubleshoot this issue will probably be to send us your log files. Please do the following:
  1. Make sure the Atom is turned on
  2. Start BigRingVR
  3. Go to Preferences->ANT Sensors->Create new configuration
  4. Wait a while for the dropdowns to populate with your sensors (shouldn't take more than a couple of seconds).
If the smart trainer dropdown is not populated, stop there. Quit BigRingVR and send us bigringvr.log and ant.log from Documents\Big-Ring.
If you can pair with the smart trainer:
  1. Save the new configuration
  2. Start a ride and ride for a minute or so
  3. Quit the ride and BigRingVR
When you've done this, then please send us bigringvr.log and ant.log as mentioned above.

2. How do I check my history? Is there a saved record of my stats for a ride?

As mentioned by others, your history is on the website, under Dashboard. A TCX file of each ride is on your computer under Documents\Big-Ring\Rides

3. Sort of related to #2. Ive linked bigringvr to strava but I did it after my ride. Can I now upload it to strava? Or is it too late?

Simply upload the TCX file from the previous point to Strava using their website, "Manual upload'.

Hopefully #1 is an easy fix because I’m loving the smoothness and quality of the graphics. I never actually had a problem with the video on BKOOL. Although admittedly I only really did alp d’huez. But bigringvr is a noticeable improvement on that. Honestly if the guys are looking for feedback, I might have some opinions regarding the dashboard layout and stats. But all in all I really really like the feel of it.

We'd love to hear your feedback! Please send us an email at bigringvr@bigringvr.com or use the "Give Feedback" button in the app.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
You shouldn't have to pair your atom as a cadence or speed sensor, but it should be paired as a smart trainer. Was that the case?
The best way to troubleshoot this issue will probably be to send us your log files. Please do the following:
  1. Make sure the Atom is turned on
  2. Start BigRingVR
  3. Go to Preferences->ANT Sensors->Create new configuration
  4. Wait a while for the dropdowns to populate with your sensors (shouldn't take more than a couple of seconds).
If the smart trainer dropdown is not populated, stop there. Quit BigRingVR and send us bigringvr.log and ant.log from Documents\Big-Ring.
If you can pair with the smart trainer:
  1. Save the new configuration
  2. Start a ride and ride for a minute or so
  3. Quit the ride and BigRingVR
When you've done this, then please send us bigringvr.log and ant.log as mentioned above.

As mentioned by others, your history is on the website, under Dashboard. A TCX file of each ride is on your computer under Documents\Big-Ring\Rides

Simply upload the TCX file from the previous point to Strava using their website, "Manual upload'.

We'd love to hear your feedback! Please send us an email at bigringvr@bigringvr.com or use the "Give Feedback" button in the app.

That’s very helpful thanks for the fast response ibooij. I’ll go through those steps tomorrow and report back.

Well I have an Atom and using it with Sufferfest, does not seem to keep control, it start at the right power, and also after maybe one or two power changesm but then does not change

I have been through troubleshooting but nothing changes this

So not going for anything else until I know it works

<Tommy>

Well I have an Atom and using it with Sufferfest, does not seem to keep control, it start at the right power, and also after maybe one or two power changesm but then does not change

I have been through troubleshooting but nothing changes this

So not going for anything else until I know it works

Are you on Facebook? I opened an account specifically to join turbo training related groups. There’s two groups I’m a member of for atom owners. I’m not using Sufferfest but I know that there’s guys in those groups that do so it’s definitely worth picking their brains. I use traineroad, zwift, and BKOOL for what it’s worth, and hopefully bigringvr!

<Tommy>

I did everything apart from send you the report ibooij. I did a test ride, it paired the atom as a smart trainer, but no change in resistance with slope. Could you put up a link or email where I should send the file to and I’ll send it over tonight when I’m home.

ibooij

Über Member
@TurboTommy please mail the files to bigringvr@bigringvr.com

Thanks!

Are you on Facebook? I opened an account specifically to join turbo training related groups. There’s two groups I’m a member of for atom owners. I’m not using Sufferfest but I know that there’s guys in those groups that do so it’s definitely worth picking their brains. I use traineroad, zwift, and BKOOL for what it’s worth, and hopefully bigringvr!
Thanks .I am joining the facebook group
I was hoping the Bluetooth connection when available would sort the problem

<Tommy>

Sorry ibooij I haven’t... I’ve been on traineroad this week as I’m training for something in particular and forgot completely. I’ll send it over the weekend.

martin22

Do many of you get the 'Buffer low' message in the big grey box when using the HD video? I can stream HD movies from amazon / netflix without problems but have had this on a few rides on Bigring. Ride usually starts ok but after a while these messages pop up, and its not always on fast sections. Last night i had it a few times on the Gotthard Pass climb but once at the top and on the fast bit (where i thought it'd pop up again as video playing faster?) it was ok

I've pre downloaded some of the rides for my next session which should prevent it, and i could switch to the lower detail videos but HD is so nice!

Now forgive my lack of technical knowledge but would having a bigger buffer solve this problem? Is this something in the software or hardware?

Thanks

Top Bottom