BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ibooij

Über Member
Thank you for this tip. I have been using Zwift for 3 months and it works fine. Wanted to try something with real scenery. Tried Rouvy yesterday and the video quality/clarity is great, the software/trainer response is great but unless you can ride at 50 MPH the video is very jerky. A steep climb(10%) at 9 MPH produces obvious frame by frame video which is very annoying.

Does the BRVR video do the same thing?

At 9MPH (= about 14km/h), on a steep climb, the frame rate should be about 20-24 frames per second. We film at 60 frames per second and drive slowly wherever we can (it's not always possible unfortunately) to keep the frame in the simulation at a good level.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
At 9MPH (= about 14km/h), on a steep climb, the frame rate should be about 20-24 frames per second. We film at 60 frames per second and drive slowly wherever we can (it's not always possible unfortunately) to keep the frame in the simulation at a good level.
If you are a mammoth snail like I am, even at 10-12 fps or 5-7kmh (going by the info ibooij supplied), I find it is not that bad on the steeper climbs due to the higher resolution.

Dan Lotus

Thankyou very much, that it explains it all perfectly, I will sign up in the next week :-)

The "real" name that we use is taken from Google's account system. We realize that this is not ideal, so we'll change it later, especially when we start adding multiple authentication providers. We can change your screen name. Please drop us an email at bigringvr@bigringvr.com.

When you've taken out a subscription, set up user accounts for the other users and send us an email at bigringvr@bigringvr.com. We'll hook up the accounts to use the same subscription.

Users in a family membership can use BigRingVR at the same time, so when "social riding" is implemented, you will be able to ride together and see each other's progress.

I hope that answers your questions!

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
If you are a mammoth snail like I am, even at 10-12 fps or 5-7kmh (going by the info ibooij supplied), I find it is not that bad on the steeper climbs due to the higher resolution.
The only time I notice the slow down is when a car comes the other way, which does look a bit odd but is obviously unavoidable.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Subscription set up .....

Quick Q - anyone know which courses have step sections of 15% + ? Want to try some beast climbs that last about 1 hour in total.

Whorty

Did a bit of climbing tonight on BRVR using the Kickr, and my god is this harder than the Bkool Pro ever was. The 8%+ sections really do hurt now. Slight problem of belt slippage still when over 10% but not too bad and I may be able to tighten the belt a smidge to resolve this. Should be really good training for the Double Devils, and getting some climbing metres into my legs!

theboxers

Did a bit of climbing tonight on BRVR using the Kickr, and my god is this harder than the Bkool Pro ever was. The 8%+ sections really do hurt now. Slight problem of belt slippage still when over 10% but not too bad and I may be able to tighten the belt a smidge to resolve this. Should be really good training for the Double Devils, and getting some climbing metres into my legs!
You have a target of 1h19 for Magnolia. Enjoy :whistle:

Whorty

You have a target of 1h19 for Magnolia. Enjoy :whistle:
Yes, bit of a shock doing these climbing routes on the Kickr compared to the Pro. Definitely feels so much harder. Need to get some serious training in though for the DD .... by the way, you not tempted to join us this year? 5 months to get ready for it :okay:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I did a ride last Friday after updating the software, I didn't realise at the time that I needed to sync Strava and BR again so as a consequence that ride is not on Strava, is it possible to put it on there now?

theboxers

Yes, bit of a shock doing these climbing routes on the Kickr compared to the Pro. Definitely feels so much harder. Need to get some serious training in though for the DD .... by the way, you not tempted to join us this year? 5 months to get ready for it :okay:
I do want to be there but I doubt I'll drop enough weight to do anything but walk. I'm getting smaller but not quick enough :sad:.

Last edited:
Top Bottom